Running has been going as well as it can this week with this cold I have. I took off Saturday when we moved because I was feeling pretty lousy and it was raining. With everything going on, I didn't think it was a good decision to head out in the cold rain when I was already run down and sick. I've ran every day since and have off today. Had to run in the rain again last night so when I saw it's going to be 70 and sunny on Friday, that really cheered me up this morning. I have a 16 miler on Friday that I'm actually so excited for. I can't wait for a warm, sunny run!!
And since I have a lot of random thoughts right now, it's bullet time!
- I'm STILL splenda free. In fact, I'm artificial sweetener free since 09Mar2009!
- I've been slacking on the 100 sit ups lately. Starting back up on Monday.
- I haven't been lifting since the move, and I miss it. I feel like I'm getting mushy. We haven't joined a new gym yet so I'm thinking until I do, it's back to the 100 push up challenge to at least keep the upper body toned.
- I've been neglecting to give Andy a 1 minute hug every day. It's terrible how busy life gets and you can't find time to hug someone. This is going back into effect pronto!
- I NEED to get back to studying for my personal training certification. Now that the move is behind me, it's time to buckle down and get busy. I lost a lot of time and will have a lot of reviewing to do to get caught back up. I still want to complete this by the end of the year, so no more screwing around!
- Also, regarding the GIVEAWAY...Ellen, please contact me. If I don't hear from you by Thursday evening I'll be picking another winner. (Sorry, don't have your email or blog to contact you directly).
25 comments:
glad the move is done for you, and congrats on signing up for the marathon! Sounds like good timing! :)
Can't you take it easy with all the runs? It is exhausting running all over the place to watch you!!
I've heard great things about Philly. Sounds like a good goal race!
Good luck with your PT stuff and get well soon!
Hope you're back to full energy soon. Philly should be a great race. Take care of yourself!
Getting "mushy" that is so funny. Your race plans sound good.
I am doing Philly for my first- I remember you saying it was your first (right?) I am excited but a little nervous. I ran the 8k this year in the FREEZING cold and I am really holding out hope that it will be a tad bit warmer.
Good luck with the PT cert :)
I like the one minute hug idea, I need to do that too.
Sunny runs are the best!
Hooray on being splenda and artificial sweetener free! I've cut them out too and find I can't stand anything that contains them now.
Yay for Philly! I'm jealous of your 70 degrees on Friday. I have to travel south 4 hours and will be getting 67 with rain, whoopie!
Just think - if the weather's normal this November and not arctic like last year, it'll feel like you're running an entirely new race :)
Busy lady! Congrats on the Philly sign up and for being artificial sweetener-free... that's hard to do! It seems to be in everything these days.
One-minute hug... I like that idea. Must try it!
Ah the marathon will be cake this year. You'll appreciate how you only have to run past boathouse row ONCE.
Did you happen to use a Discount Code? Last 2 years, I've waited to find a code before registering.
Sweet! I'm going to do Philly too. I think I want to be a philly marathon lifer. I have to go sign up : )
Hope you feel better soon, it should help now that you are moved in. I am jealous about the 70 degrees! It is maybe 40 with lots of wind. Enjoy your long run!
Moving is so stressful. Hopefully you get totally settled and back to your routine soon.
I need to get splenda free!!!!
YAY for Philly! that sounds like such a great race, I would love to do that one some year. I am going to do the same "fall" (Dec = fall?) marathon this year too, I just love it so I want to do it again :)
That's great news about the Philly Marathon. Very cool! I'm glad to hear your running is going well.
I'd been planning on the Richmond Marathon with my family this year.
It's ONE WEEK before Philly.
Dare I?!
I like your describe yourself as getting mushy...such a visual, although I doubt it's the truth. :)
Yay for Philly! Sounds like a good choice.
Good Luck in Philly! And it's only day two of the hundredpushup.com challenge!! (Though it sounds like you have a lot on your plate!)
I have 2 fall marathons planned.
The 1st is the Asbury Park relay on I believe Oct.18th. My training plan has a 22-23 miler for that day, so why not add a few more? Oh..and at $35.00 how could I pass it up?
AND I will be signing up for Philly again. I enjoyed it, and look forward to Kicking some more Asphalt!
Congrats on the days w/o splenda! I am working on cutting back as well...so far so good! Good luck with your run this weekend!
Congrats on signing up for Philly...I am still waivering on this whole Fall Marathon thing.
I hear you on the mushy thing.
YAYA for a fall marathon. Moving takes it out of you, I don't know if I could keep up with the blog if I had to move! I'm impressed.
Nice! I'll have to see if I can get my legs and azz in gear to do Philly
Post a Comment