Saturday, April 4, 2009

Unusual Saturday

I got my 16 miler in yesterday and rewarded myself with a good time at the Bob Mould show. Maybe had one too many Chimays, but it was worth it. I had to be at the new house yesterday by 7:30am so I woke up at 5 and put in 7 miles on the treadmill before I headed over. Around 8am I headed out in the POURING rain and wind to get the remaining 9 miles in. I forgot my water bottle but it didn't really matter because I was being pelted in the face with water the entire time I ran. When I got back to the house, soaking wet, my dad asked if I saw any other runners out there. When I told him no, he said that's because I was the only nut that would run in that weather. I like being a nut. :-)

I just realized that this is the first Saturday in FOREVER that I'm not out running. It feels like a Sunday, sitting here catching up on blogs, etc. It's nice getting the long run out of the way on Friday, it's like I have an extra day to the weekend!

Speaking of the weekend, we have a really busy weekend ahead of us but there's finally an end in site. We will actually move into the new house next Saturday. We hit our first bump in the road with the hardwood flooring but I guess I shouldn't complain because everything has been going really well. Kitchen cabinets went in this week and they look fabulous! Here's a sneak peak.


Don't forget I'll be doing my first GIVE AWAY on Monday. Hopefully there will be many more to follow!

26 comments:

Kelly said...

Those cabinets are georgeous. Nice run, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is dedication! I bet you felt like you accomplished something after that run!

How exciting to be moving in to a new house! I hope everything continues to go smoothly!

Unknown said...

Love the cabinets, and I love Chimay. I'm impressed that you were able to get up and run this morning after multiple Chimays though, those things are dangerous!

kristen said...

Beatuiful. Cherry? We are thining doing cherry also. It's going to be fabulous. Can't wait to see more pics. Good job with the reagranging of the schedule. It has to be done at times.

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Thanks for stopping by. An Ultra, huh?? When I lived in Houston I belonged to a club that had several ultra runners. Western States 100 kind of guys. Good luck with that, big opportunity (I dont use the word challenge).

Jeanette said...

Nate wants more pictures! He was bummed when he found out that Aidan got to see your house. I'll bring them both for a short visit on Saturday. Maybe I'll leave them :)

Amber said...

House looks amazing!!

I'm reading your blog for motivation right now because I'm REALLY not in the mood for my 11-mile run that I have to get out the door and do.

Thanks for the extra push :-)

Abby said...

Way to go on the run - that weather was brutal yesterday. I was out on the trails in the afternoon, and a lot of them were flooded out.

Good luck with the final push on the move!

Susan said...

The house looks great so far! Isn't it kind of exciting to be the only one out there running? That's when I feel like a true runner. Especially when people driving in cars start giving you funny looks...

Enjoy your weekend!

Lori said...

Oooh! I love new house stories! :) Your kitchen is going to be beautiful. Love it!

Abby said...

Oh, and Brent and I just started watching the second season of Six Feet Under from netflix - it's a great show!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cabinets. Major dediction to do another 9 miles in the pouring rain...wow :) Enjoy the rest of your day!

X-Country2 said...

Is that a wine rack?! Love it!

Lauren @ mostly i run said...

Wow, that's some dedication. If I ever have to be someplace at 7:30 a.m., there is no chance I'm running 16 miles first!

Also, love Bob Mould. Have seen him perform several times :)

Trishie said...

I hear you on the nut-ness ;) I saw a TON of runners out today now that it's mid 60s and sunny. where were those people when it was sub 20?? ;)

joyRuN said...

Great job running in that weather, you nut!

Love the cabinets...

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm so excited to have found your blog! I will be training for my first 1/2 marathon which will be in September...adding you to my reader :)

Norma said...

GREAT job on the running, and I love your cabinets!

Marci said...

Nice kitchen, such a warm and inviting colour for your cabinets. Hope your move goes smoothly!

Em said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment, running a marathon is definitely something that I hope to accomplish one day. You are an inspiration with your runs!

RunToTheFinish said...

I get confused when I do my runs on weird days

Aron said...

great job girl :) its fun to be a nut sometimes!!!

Sara said...

I like being a nut too :) I have run in weather like that and you definitely get some funny looks!!

The kitchen looks very nice. That's so exciting about the new house!

SuperDave said...

I think it's funny how we refer to completing our long runs as "getting them out of the way."
Anytime I can get my run out of the way on a Saturday, it's just like a bonus day was given to me.

Running Through Life said...

You must be proud, the house looks very nice!

raulgonemobile said...

OO.. that looks nice!

Way to get everything in this weekend..