This week's theme for TIaRT is Running Blogs - How and Why. I honestly didn't expect much when I decided to start a blog. Like a lot of other things, I thought it would be a fad and I'd get sick of it. I started it after my sister started one to keep everyone updated on her adoption process. So yes, if it wasn't for you Jeanette, I would never have even known about the blogging world.
I started my blog to keep me on track during the training for my first marathon. At first, I didn't even want to make my blog public because I was a little embarrassed. But Andy convinvced me that the whole point of a blog was for other people to read it, so I went for it. I started with talking about running but along the way I opened up and shared a lot more then I had intended. From pooping myself, being a touch on the crazy side, to my issues with food. I'm glad I shared so much because I've learned one thing, and that's that I'm not alone. Blogging has connected with me so many interesting people who share the same passion for running that I do, as well as a whole group of people who have taught me so many new things. I love the virtual support system bloggers provide and think it is a great way to stay motivated and on track with your running/training. I definitely recommend it!!
And before I go...I was contacted yesterday about doing another GIVEAWAY! Stay tuned!!
17 comments:
Sometimes reading other running blogs is seriously what gets me out the door.
I agree wholeheartedly!
yep, blogging has been pretty much the same for me as well :)
I'm in the newbie-blog-boat but I agree wholeheartedly!
I am with you on the blog thing, I find myself sharing things I didn't think I would. But I also find it helps keep me motivated to run. I also love the advice when I need it!
I've been so motivated and inspired by other blogs (including yours!), it's hard to imagine what I would be doing now without this great community.
I love your blog! It is so nice to know that whatever issue, be it in running or in life, there is this communit out there that has encouragement or advice to help you through.
I really enjoy your blog. I agree with everything you said about blogging....especially the stuff you learn from yourself.
Well I'm glad to decided to share with all of us. Blogs have really created a way for people of similar interest to share and support each other. I have readers from all around the world who I never would have gotten to meet if I hadn't started blogging - and that would have been a shame.
Yay! So glad you didn't keep your thoughts to yourself :-)
i completely agree, such an amazing blogger community out there!!! love your blog, keep it up :)
Amazing how much you will share with strangers. :)
Nice write,
E
I'm suprised how much I've enjoyed it and stuck with it as well.
What do runners like to do when they're not running? Talk about running! Gotta love running blogs!
I find my blogging is such a process of finding my niche and learning more about myself. I agree with you!
I remember that poop blog... I still think of it sometimes while I'm running and start to feel a little queasy. ha ha :D
I really enjoy your blogs for your honesty and easy-going sense of humor.
Can't wait to find out about your giveaway!
Yeah, I find it a constant struggle to figure out the balance of how much to share or not. I really enjoy blogging and the people I've met, though
Post a Comment