I had a CRAZY day at work yesterday but managed to get out late yesterday evening for my scheduled speed work out. I was suppose to do 6 miles with 3 miles at race pace (7:50) but I cut it back and only did 5 miles. I was so busy at work I didn't really have the chance to eat and I needed to get home to work some more. I would typically beat myself up over cutting the run short but I was happy I got anything in at all to be honest with the day I had. I woke up this morning and did an easy 3 miles at an 8:40 pace and it was a great way to start the day.
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone else have a cat that can NOT handle moving? Every time I move Newman goes through a funk. He gets a bladder infection followed by some behavioral issues like peeing on ONLY my stuff. I've had to throw out 2 bags this past week. I can't blame that he feels out of whack because I'm feeling it, too. I'm going out today after work to get some of that feli-away plug-in stuff which I've used before. If any of you have any suggestions, please let me know. I can't let this go on in a brand new house!!
Bad Kitty
20 comments:
Ooh.. HopFest! That sounds tasty!
I'm hoping to sneak out a wee bit early today and have a little hopfest of my own in this beautiful weather.
Nice job on the runs.. I've got to get myself out there.. Been nuts this week.
Have a great weekend!
cute pic of Newman, even though you might have a different opinion at the moment. Enjoy the weekend!
Sounds like a fun weekend is ahead of you! I always feel better about going to events with lots of food/drink if I've run before I go...It's a nice combination.
I've never had a cat (they make me sneeze!), so I'll just wish you luck! Hopefully Newman will adjust soon.
Hahaha. That picture is hilarious, it's a position I'd find my cat in!
We spent a month living at my mom's in December and Webster started peeing everywhere, especially on things that my moms dog had slept on/played with. But he was still young so we thought it might be because he wasn't neutered. So, we got him neutered and he was fine.
I don't know if he was doing it because he wasn't neutered or because of the move and having to share the house with 2 other animals though, he's never done it since..
My cat previous to the one I have now used to have issues in general. Those cat calming plug'ins helped and so did a cat-nip plant.
Lock him in a closet with a litter box :)
I LOVE cats!!!!
Great job getting your runs in. It always make the day feel so much better when you can start it off with a run.
Awww, poor kitty. The cats I have now have never been through a move with me... I'll keep that in mind, maybe just stay put.
That picture is hysterical!! Enjoy the warm weather. I don't have a cat, but my dog pukes whenever there is a transition. I'd rather have him sit in the sink.
That's the exact reason we do not have a cat anymore. They are so temperamental. I loved the little guy when he was in a good mood and playing or sitting in my lap. But he had a switch in him that he would suddenly go nuts and bite ya or pee on random things.
Great job getting your speed work done after a crazy day!
Have fun at HopFest!
Are there any good cats? LOL.
I hope he gets over it soon.
We sometimes find out 50-pound dog sleeping in the bathtub, if it makes you feel any better...
But your bad kitty's soooo cute curled up in that gleaming sink!
No cats, so I can't offer anything here - good luck :)
sounds like you are doing great! I don't have a goal for broadstreet and def won't be as fast as last year (7:55) - hoping for 9mm pace
My kids LOVE that picture of your kitty in the sink! They even tried to force our poor kitty into our sink a few minutes ago. Our cat didn't really enjoy it. :)
Have a fun weekend!
Love the picture, and HopFest sounds like a great time!
My mom moved 3 times in the last 3 or 4 years, and each time she did one of our cats would get into such a severe funk over it that they ended up dieing. She lost one in each move and has promised that she won't move for a long long time now.
Not to say that Newman will die, I'm sure he won't! In time he'll adapt, just give him a little extra love to soak up the stress. :)
I hear you on cutting the miles short --- it makes me feel guilty but sometimes it's 8 miles instead of 10 or no miles at all.
Newman is adorable ... not sure about the behavioral issues but at the SPCA we put lavender calming oils on their toys to help keep the stress levels low(er).
Hey Denise,
So, my hubby and I have been through some of the same stuff that you are going through with Newman, a few times. My suggestions are to stay home with him as much as you can with some toys (if he likes them) and maybe get him some cat nip to calm him down, and give him as much comfort and lovin that you can. That's always what we have had to do whenever we have moved. One of us would have to stay home the first few days in the new place, or take turns at least to spend time with our two cats, especially the older one. We have two kitties and have had them for 10 years and have moved several times, so I know what you are going through. Maybe you can talk to your vet about his problem with peeing on everything, they might know what you can do.
I hope that helps. :)
Dayna
Post a Comment