Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Not The Only One

I want to thank everyone for their comments to my post yesterday. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who stresses over getting their runs in. I was starting to feel really silly about the whole thing. That I just couldn't let it go and roll with the punches. But rest assured, I figured out a solution to get my long run in AND have a fun filled Friday night. I'm going to run my 16 miler tomorrow but break it up over the course of the day while I'm at the house waiting on contractors to come and go. Coach Jack gave me his blessing to do this because I already have a good base for my 10 miler coming up in May and because this will be good practice for 20in24.

I also wanted to partake in TIaRT this week. The theme is Ode to My Running Shoes. I will always be fond of the Asics GT-2140 which got me through training and running my first marathon (don't worry, it wasn't the same pair that did both!). I alternate my shoes and have recently fell in love with my Saucony Progrid Guide 2, but those Asics will always be one of my favorites.

Lastly so I can get back to work...I will be doing my first GIVE AWAY on Monday!!! I'm so excited about this, it's a good one!! Make sure you check it out!!

21 comments:

kristen said...

Things always have a way of working out. What a great solution.

X-Country2 said...

I'm happy you found a solution. I knew you'd figure it out. :o)

BommaMama said...

Doesn't it feel good when things work out after stressing out over scheduling? I totally feel you on that! Glad you are going to get the miles in after all and still be able to cut loose a little on the weekend.

Kelly said...

Good solution. Smarty. And, those asics are the shoes I run in!


Can't wait for the giveaway.

Robert Barker said...

You are doing the 20 in 24. That is big goal, good luck.

Norma said...

Good job coming up with that compromise! I am a Saucony girl myself...have strayed a few times to other brands but learned my lesson and always came back to Saucony. Enjoy your runs!

Marlene said...

Great compromise for the long run. I guess you will have to start getting used to running more than once a day sooner or later. Enjoy!

Can't wait to see what this giveaway is all about.

Rookie on the Run said...

I'm glad you worked things out with your schedule! Now you can have a good weekend in spite of all you have going on.

First Giveaway! Cool- I'll check it out on Monday! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to work things out - I'm sure you must feel a lot better!

Felice Devine said...

Nice way to work it out! Good luck with the run.

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to purchase Saucony for a while, but I have been wearing Brooks Adrenalines and love them. I am afraid to mess up a good thing. The only downside to my Brooks are they are a little heel heavy...thats why I was looking for something a little lighter in the Saucony. Ugh- shoes stressing!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Great compromise for fitting your runs into your life. And you are not alone!

Running Through Life said...

Glad you figured things out. Creative solution!

Aron said...

YAY glad you got it figured out :) I just decided to take a vacation day tomorrow to help me get one of my runs in... along with other things of course ;) have a great weekend!

Susan said...

Glad you figured something out! Hopefully you can have some extra fun this weekend knowing that your run is complete!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

just posted another giveaway!!!!

http://nhershoes.blogspot.com/2009/04/she-says-time-for-another-giveaway.html

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Good luck with your run! And I am 100% with you on the missing runs and feel off-kilter. The TIART was fun today I did a poem, silly I know but I am about to retire my runners and I am a little sad..

http://tallmomontherun.blogspot.com/2009/04/ode-to-my-adidas-gel-nimbus-9.html

All the best!

Mel

RunToTheFinish said...

wohoo for giveaways!! i haven't won in awhile, so surely I'm primed for it.

way to go on fitting in balance of running and life!

Toni said...

I'm glad to hear you found a solution. Have fun on Friday!

Gotta Run..... said...

who doesn't love a good GIVEAWAY!!

I was ready your previous post on being a planner.... I am all about it too! nothing wrong with knowing what you have before you.

:)

Sara said...

That's great that you decided to break up the run. Wonderful solution :)

I'm excited to hear about your first giveaway!!