Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happiness...One mile at a time

First of all, I feel like a slug. I haven't done a thing since last Saturday because of this cold turned flu business and I feel like atrophy is setting in. I can't wait to feel better and get back to my routine. Especially during this time of year, I can't afford to not be working out. I must be feeling better though because I decided to eat something other than soup and bread today and made a pretty good dent in some trail mix. Yum.

Oh, and I had a bit of a breakdown this morning and made Andy tell me where he hid the scale. Made meaning I whined REALLY bad and since it was first thing in the morning, I knew he wouldn't be able to take it. If the whining didn't work, I had the tears ready to go. Luckily, I didn't have to take it that far. I haven't weighed myself since he took it away and I just wanted to see how things were going. I have resisted the urge to find it myself, which would have been easy, so I think pulling it out once in a while is acceptable. Thankfully, considering the lack of working out, the scale was nice to me and I didn't have to smash it.

And now, for my newest addition and the reason behind the title of this post. My treat to myself for successfully KICKING ASPHALT! It's hard to see in this picture, but there are little purple stars all around the foot symbol.
So, I'm off to Michigan tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak away to check in at some point...Have a good week!

20 comments:

Marci said...

Very nice, what does your tat say?

Chic Runner said...

WOW! That's awesome! what a great idea:)

Unknown said...

Nice tat. This might sounds dumb. But I can't really read it.

Laurel said...

Love the tat!

It seems like everyone is sick this week! I blame my husband. His sickness spread throughout blogdom.

Laura said...

I like your blog. I hope you don't mind if I follow it.

Julianne said...

I LOVE YOUR TAT!!!! But yeah, I need some translation here! ;-)

joyRuN said...

Very nice tat, Denise!

raulgonemobile said...

Nice ink!

Marlene said...

It's beautiful!

Aron said...

awesome tat!!!!

hope you feel better and can get back to running SOON!

Brooke said...

Come on, people! She said it's the meaning behind the title of the blog (so correct me if I'm wrong)so it must say 'Happiness one mile at a time!' I love it!

Stacey said...

Nice tat!
Hope you feel better, glad the scale was nice to you. I have a love/hate relationship with mine too!

Midwest said...

I love it!

FLYERS26 said...

Nice Ink!
Congrats!

N.D. said...

That's really cool. Hope you are feeling better. It sucks being sick!

SuperDave said...

Nothing like a good tattoo. I got my first this year. Also a running tattoo, but yours is much cooler.
Also you are one brave soul and tough girl extraordinaire for getting it on your foot. That is so painful on the foot.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I do love your tattoo... I have one on my lower back as well as my foot, I have to say, the foot hurt a million times more then the back.... ouchie.....

Rookie on the Run said...

I love your tattoo! I plan on getting another one (already have one on my back) after I run my first marathon-- to reward myself, too.

Caroline Novak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val02 said...

Hi. I crated a user profile here just because I happened upon your tattoo, only because I was searching for Chia Seeds. I wanted to say, I have almost the same tattoo, but I like yours better. I, too, ran Philly. I would love to show it to you, how do I do that?