Monday, December 29, 2008

I Need Some Goals

I'm reading everyone's goals and races for 2009 and I really need to set some things up for myself! I've been thinking about some goals and I'm going to post them soon so I keep myself accountable. I swear, blogging has been the best thing for my working out. It really keeps me on track and everyone keeps me so motivated with their posts!

Yesterday's workout could have been better, but I was exhausted (and a little hungover) from the wedding the night before. But the important thing is that I made it there! Also started week 3 of the 100 push up challenge. Based on my assessment after week 2, I had to switch my difficulty level and go down a column. At this point, I really can't see how doing 100 push ups in a row is possible, but I'm going to stick with it and see what happens.

I woke up today and wasn't really in the mood to work out, but I have a few more days to earn some points for HBBC so I ventured to the gym. I actually had a great work out and ran 5 miles, lifted (since I didn't do all my lifting yesterday due to hangover) and then rode the bike for a half hour. I'm planning a 10 mile run on New Years Eve to make sure I'm going to be ok for the New Orleans half...which I am really looking forward to!!

HBBC - 137.6

Oh, is anyone doing this virtual run across America? I want to do it but not sure I get it. Here's the link to it: http://virtualrunamerica.blogspot.com/2008/12/journey-begins-thursday.html

12 comments:

N.D. said...

Sounds like a great workout today. I haven't felt like going to the gym lately either and have to drag myself. It'd be so nice to have a gym buddy to meet up with for some extra motivation. I'm going to check out that link now.

joyRuN said...

Good grief! That's a LOT of HBBC points.

I agree about the blogging thing. It really does make me more accountable.

Julianne said...

Wow, you are way up there on the HBBC points! Great job! I agree with you about the blogging thing, it really keeps me accountable. I have more races than ever coming up in 2009 because I need more things to write about. HAHA.

Oh, I want to do that virtual run too... But not sure if I get it?

Marlene said...

Sounds like quite the workout - awesome job. Wish I could say I have been as dilligent myself.

RunToTheFinish said...

Yeah i don't really understand the virtual run...I was going to do it too but maybe we are slow?

Felice Devine said...

You have a ton of HBBC points! I'm such a loser and have about half that!

I agree w/you on blogging helping w/accountability. It's a great benefit.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure about that whole Virtual run across America either. I guess I'm kind of watching to see how it plays out.

SuperDave said...

Week 3 starts to get a bit tough on the pushups. Good luck!
I started the virtual run, but don't really get it either. When you figure it out, tell me about it. haha
You are a booty challenge monster!!!

Aron said...

ohhh i love setting goals :) cant wait to see what yours are!

Joe said...

I started blogging as a way to hold myself accountable. Think of the 100 pushups like marathon training: 20 miles seems impossible when you do your first 10 miler. But you keep working at it and then it's a piece of cake!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Janice {Run Far} said...

Hello, this is my first time visiting your blog... it's fabulous.
I think starting a running blog was the best thing I could have done for my running. I still struggle and I have my days with little or no motivation so I jump on the computer and read other blog and get inspired to keep going.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Mine says "Run Far 26.2" what is yours of?