So my cold turned into the flu on Sunday. I was up all night puking and was home in bed miserable yesterday. I am even staying home today because I'm still not feeling great and everything on me hurts. Why does the flu have to hurt? Ugh. Anyway, I'm starting to think this is a blessing in disguise. A lot running club runners who ran the marathon are in bad shape and injured. I know if I wasn't sick I'd be out there running, or trying to, so I'm thinking it's a good thing that I'm giving my body the time it needs to recover. We're heading to Michigan for our holiday visit on Thursday and I'm hoping Andy doesn't come down with this right as we get on the plane. *fingers crossed*
I would normally run while we're out there, but I might just take it easy and gear up for Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge which starts on Monday. Check this out, it will be a fun competition to keep us on track through a month filled with cookies and cocktails!
13 comments:
Hope you feel better! And my fingers are crossed for Andy...I had to travel with the stomach flu this summer and it was NO FUN :(
My Holiday Booty can Bust through anything :)
Hope you feel better soon!
Feel better soon, girl! It's a good thing it hit now instead of two weeks ago.
Thanks for the kind words Denise!
Oh no the flu.. Did you get your flu shot for the yr. I had the flu 5 yrs ago and never want it again.
Hope you get feeling better. I read an article where the majority of marathon runners get some kind of sickness during or after training due to the toll it takes on a body. Definitely take it easy.
I may have to give the Bootie challenge a try. LOL! Bootie Challenge. haha.
Thanks!
Hope you feel better soon!
Feel better soon! I think you're right, and your body will only benefit from the rest. Take care of yourself!
Rest up, and I hope you are better soon!
So joining in on the booty buster! hahaha Sorry about the flu! that stinks....keep the fluids coming!...im waiting a few more days to return to running since my orthopedist saw my toe when I went to pick up my orthotics yesterday. Its kinda nice to have an excuse to let the body rest up a bit more hu?
Get well soon! Bed is the best place to be this time of year.
Aww, feel better!!! You're right though, rest up that body and when you are feeling better you'll be recooped in the legs and all over!!!
Ugh, that thing is going around hardcore. At least it hit you after the race.
I got a horrible cold last year after I ran my first marathon. I think it's part of the initiation or something. :)
Feel better!
oh no I had that a few weeks ago.. I'm so sorry you go it! Rest and oh yes be prepared for HBBC
Post a Comment