Well, I did it. I was wild and crazy and actually changed up my breakfast for the first time in what probably was, well, years! I mixed some oats with some skim milk and water, microwaved for a minute, then added a scoop of pumpkin. I cooked it a little longer then added some pumpkin spice, a few raisins and a half packet of splenda. It was so good!! I made it again today but this time I also added a few chopped walnuts. They didn't do much for me so I think I'll keep eating my 6 walnuts in the afternoon with my banana instead. And yes, I actually count out 6 walnuts. I also count out the 12 almonds I eat every day with my morning fruit. I wonder what would happen to me if I ate 13 almonds...maybe some day I'll be brave enough to try.
I woke up again today really sore. I'm just not recovering quickly like I usually do. But I couldn't not work out so I did the elliptical for an hour then some stretching and abs. This is not the time of year to be slacking off!! Starting tomorrow, we have lots going on straight through the New Year (just like everyone else, I'm sure) and I'm determined to not let the Holiday junk get the best of me. Even if I can only fit in a short workout, my goal is to do something every day for the rest of the year. Since December 5th (when I was finally better and able to workout), I've taken 2 days off. No more being lazy! And besides, there's a competition to be won!!
And can anyone else not believe Christmas is in a week?
10 comments:
Oooh impromptu pumpkin oatmeal? Sounds really yummy and actually easy! I can't believe Xmas is in a week and I haven't started shopping, yet. Omg! I better get on it soon.
Congrats on the breakthrough ;)
Oatmeal is a-mazing! I got some frozen mixed berries at the store that I add to mine to mix it up.
I also do the elliptical on days that my legs are bothering me or if I'm feeling lazier than usual. Weird thing is though, usually when I'm done working out on that, I feel like running! :)
amen I have to workout right now due to the sweets that keep dancing by my office!
WOW I had no idea you were that detailed with your eating. Kind of crazy.
I'm calling your husband and telling him to take away your oatmeal, what will you do then?
haha
pumpkin oatmeal? you wild and crazy girl!!!
So glad you enjoyed the oatmeal. Oh, and I count my nuts too. :)
Awesome job getting on the elliptical even when you didn't feel like it. I'm going to try to workout every day too - gotta fight the holiday bulge!
That sounds super yummy!! And I count them too. hehe.
hahaha! I count out 9 almonds for my afternoon snack!
Post a Comment