Sunday, December 21, 2008

Love the Bubbly

We went to a champagne party last night, which by the way, is now my favorite kind of party! There were a gazillion different kinds of appetizers, which Andy made sure to sample them all, and an endless amount of champagne and desserts! I ate a small dinner before we went but I did treat myself to a few crackers with brie and some shrimp. Oh, and of course, copious amounts of champagne. With that being said, I relaxed a little and did eat some sweets. I hate when I let my guard down after I had a few drinks, but if that's what it takes to treat myself...then I guess I better keep drinking the bubbly!!

Went for a 7.75 mile run yesterday with the club. It was really cold out, but it felt great to be outside running. I didn't lift lower body last week because of my knee and thought it was doing better, but after the run yesterday it was pretty sore. The pain is on the outside of the knee and almost feels like it needs to crack. Any doctors out there??

Had a GREAT workout today, even after the champagne last night! I started week 2 of the 100 push up challenge, lifted for an hour, did the elliptical for an hour (really pushed myself on this since I rarely feel like I worked out after the elliptical) and then did some stretching and abs. Total points for HBBC today was 8.5.

One more day of work until Jan. 5th!! I'm really looking forward to 2 weeks of non-rushed workouts!! And one more thing, thanks for all the nice comments on my last post. :-)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best part was, all of the appetizers were wrapped in bacon. That's right, I said BACON!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

ok I just wrote you this long a$$ comment and it erased! lol...I ll try it again. Great job on the run, the ET and all the ab work!! I have been to so many parties this week and they all had nNO BOOZE! I think I will have my own cosmo party tonight, and bust out all the bartending skills!!! lol...I love champain parties!

Ok I know the perfect way to get you into the Christmas sprit, are you ready? Grab a comy blanket, Pop in the all time classic "Its a Wonderful Life", warm up some hot coco, and maybe even a yummy Christmas treat. Now watch and ENJOY!

Marlene said...

Aw, you're allowed to treat yourself now and then. Sounds like you more than made up for it with your workouts the next day.

Unknown said...

Champagne party? Why have I never been to one?? Sounds like a blast! Glad you had a good time, and way to get your workout in the next day.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! :) Sounds like a great workout and a great party! Now I'll have to catch up on your blog as well! Happy holidays!

N.D. said...

You're rocking on the workouts, geesh!! I always eat something before I head out to parties, bc going on an empty stomach is totally BAD news. But with the bubbly it always helps me to loosen up and treat myself a little bit!! Glad you had a good time!

X-Country2 said...

I need cooler friends. What a great sounding party! :o)

Way to keep rocking the workouts.

Laurel said...

Nothing wrong with a treat every now and then. Especially with some bubbly!

I worked out on the elliptical this week for the first time in months. I used to love it, but this time I was sooooooo bored.

joyRuN said...

After a 7.75 mile run, I think you're entitled to some goodies :)

With the pain on the outside of your knee, is it your ITB?

Run Mommy said...

Champagne party...yum..

Joe said...

Could be ITB pain. Do you pronate on that foot at all? A champagne party sounds awesome. Sounds like your kicking butt on the HBBC!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

even after you did the challenge? me? I managed to not drink and still QUIT after week 1.

Im a giver upper that way :)
it's how I roll.

Unknown said...

I wish I had a nice long break from work. I'm so jealous.

RunToTheFinish said...

ohh a champagne party, me likey!!

I seriously am a wimp about the 100 push up challenge, I tried..I failed

Aron said...

ohhhh champagne party sounds SO FUN!! you definitely deserve to treat yourself!!