I eat the same exact thing every day. It might change a little on the weekends, but every day is pretty much exactly the same...breakfast through dinner. I do this by choice because, well, I'm crazy. I'm not comfortable eating things outside of my "safe" foods and I know what I eat is healthy, and more importantly won't make me gain weight. But over the past few months I've come across some really inspiring blogs that include some delicious sounding recipes. As I've read them, I thought, "that is something I actually want to try!" I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm scared of eating anything other than my normal choices (which consists mostly of grains, fruits, veggies, chicken, fish, beans and almonds), but these blogs are making me want to be a little more adventurous. I think it helps to see that people are eating these things and are still in incredible shape and look great. Geesh, had I known the blogging world would be so helpful, I would have saved all the money I've been spending at the nutritionist and just read more blogs! Oh, one of my favorite blogs for food ideas is nhershoes if you're interested in checking her site out.
While I want to try some new things, it's very overwhelming and causes me a lot of anxiety. But I did buy something new today to try...pumpkin and pumpkin spice. My all time favorite food is oatmeal and I've come across a lot of recipes which include pumpkin. So tomorrow morning I'm going to try something new. SHOCKER! I'm going to put some pumpkin and pumpkin spice, along with some raisins, into my oatmeal. It will be a change from my plain old oats made with skim milk. This may not seem like a big deal, but I'll probably lose sleep worrying about this tonight!
Had great intentions of doing a killer leg workout at the gym today for my squat Sunday, but the side of my knee is not getting any better. I was doing some squats and the pain was so sharp and intense that I had to stop. I still had a great workout, but I'm really worried about this pain. I hope nothing is seriously wrong. Managed to earn 8.5 points though for HBBC! My total for week one is 35.85 (yes, every minute counts so I'm keeping track of them all!).
Also started week one of my 100 push up challenge today. Not much to report, though. Did some push ups, that's about it.
13 comments:
Even if you're not venturing out for new foods, at least you are eating healthy. It wasn't until I got into blogging that I realized how many good food websites are out there. Forget culinary school, just read blogs..
Love oatmeal w/ raisins!
Good luck w/ your booty!! hahaha
Wishing you the best on 100 PUC. It was hard, but I reached it. A lot of work. Very worth it.
Wow your post really hit home with me. I was in a food rut for several YEARS until I came across the food blog world. I have tried so many new things since I started reading blogs like Kath eats and Eat Live Run. I've tried pumpkin, pumpkin spice, Quinoa grains, Old fashioned rolled oats, Almond Milk, Spelt, Guacomole, Larabars, Pomegranate, Eggplant, Almond butter, etc etc! It is crazy that I never had the guts to try it before. My fear was also that I would gain weight (and also I was worried that I didnt know how to prepare the food!). I used to be deathly afraid of almond butter and nuts for fear of the high calories, but now it is a HUGE staple in my diet and I just can't live without it.
Goodluck tomorrow!! Just a word of caution with pumpkin- it can be a bit tarte tasting, so you will probably find you need more sweetener. :)
Angela
www.ohsheglows.com
I love pumpkin! Good luck with your new recipes!
Great job with the HBBC points!! That's awesome :)
Heck, at least you're eating healthy. MUCH more then I can say for myself.
Another good website for natural food and healthy eating is " 101Cookbooks". It is mostly vegetarian but she also puts up several meat based meals. Her commentary is great but the best part is the photography. She is also a photographer and she always puts up pictures of the food. They are excellent. I would love to hear what you think about it!
I tend to be a creature of habit as well, though not quite as strict as you. One thing I know is that I am almost always happy after trying something new. Good luck in your endeavor. How was the oatmeal?
How was the pumpkin oatmeal? I personally don't like it in my oatmeal, cookies with choc. chips and pumpkin, that is another story, yumm!
Good luck with the push up challenge!
thanks for the shot out girly! I need to try that 100 push up challenge! Have a great week!
hmmm oatmeal with skim milk?? definitely sounds like you need to branch out woman! But I also eat the same thing every day, so the holidays have been killing my system! (That's probably half of my stomach issues). I seriously eat the same breakfast every day and rotate between two different lunch options and two different dinner options. ;)
I'm the exact same with with food. (And it's almost entirely motivited by avoiding weight gain too!) Pumpkin is a great addition to your routine. You'll have to post how it goes.
Cooking gives me huge anxiety issues. I love venturing out to new foods, as long as I don't have to cook! You are on the ball with the HBBC lady!
Post a Comment