Saturday, December 13, 2008

Resting Up

We are taking my nephews to Dave and Busters tonight and I'm so excited!! They are 6 and 8 and at a great age. Right now it's ok to be seen with their aunt and uncle...one day we won't be cool and we'll just get to see them when they are forced to be at home for family functions. :-( So to gear up for tonight, I took a nice nap which I desperately needed after a few too many glasses of wine last night.

Even though I had a late night, I woke up early and headed to the gym. I'm telling you, the HBBC is really what got me moving today. I'm disappointed with myself because I couldn't run very far between the dehydration/headache and my sore knee, but I managed to get 6.5 points in for today. We had a kitchen design appointment an hour away that forced me to end my workout, but I'm hoping to spend a few hours there tomorrow racking up the points. You know, I honestly think I could live at the gym. I absolutely love it there and lose track of time. There are only 2 other things I can do for extended periods of time without going crazy.
1) sleeping/napping
2) playing cards and drinking wine (which is exactly why I feel crappy today)

8 comments:

Joe said...

So did you at least win some money at cards?? I'm with you on the enjoying working out. It's always funny to meet people who hate exercising and having to explain to them why I enjoy it.

Oh and I love D&B! Have a blast!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

SuperDave said...

Isn't it cool to be designing your house?
I got lost in my working out sometimes, only on easy days though.. haha

OhSheGlows said...

I'm new to your blog and I just wanted to let you know that you are very inspiring. I am running my first half in May....I am very excited for it. Did you start by doing smaller races before the full marathon?

Angela
www.ohsheglows.com

Run Mommy said...

Sounds like a fun night!

Unknown said...

I love D&B. Have a great time!

X-Country2 said...

I have a 6 y/o nephew, and he really is at a great age. He thinks the husband and I are the coolest people ever. We'll see how long that lasts.

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

I think your hubby and my hubby would be bffs!!! lol...Good run I hear ya on the cutting short, never fun! I don't really like being at the gum because that means its ussualy a week day and I have to rush through a work out, maybe I should try going on a weekend with no plans:) Hope you had fun with the nephews:)

RunToTheFinish said...

designing your house, that sounds so fun!

I used to love the gym, but now I enjoy my outdoor workouts and doing things in the freedom of my home.. no strange people to stare at me...except my hubs and the cats