I lifted today, the first time in several weeks because of the marathon training, and I think I'm going to be really sorry tomorrow. Convinced I hadn't lost any strength, I continued right where I left off. I did however only do 12 reps instead of 15, but I don't think that was playing it safe enough. I just sat down for the first time tonight and my legs are killing me!!! Darn walking lunges...UGH. My favorite, but oh so painful. Tomorrow is really going to suck because I'm sure I won't be able to sit down normally. Instead it will be a fast drop to get through the pain as quickly as possible!! (That's always fun when you have to go to the bathroom). But with that being said, it's nice to know I worked out hard and made it worth my while! No pain, no gain.
HBBC is going well but man, I don't think I stand a chance! Everyone is doing so well! Hopefully I can make up some points when I go out on vacation for the rest of the year. 7 days and counting...
14 comments:
I love the pain that comes along with lifting weights!!
Immodium is AWESOME! Does the trick! I take one right before the race and depending on how I feel...I will take another, usually around mile 15...
Well I love the soreness, I know that you'll feel like you worked hard if you have that tomorrow!!!! : )
I love the muscle pain at work. It's like my little secret that no one knows.
I took two weeks off of weight lifting and after mondays session, I was so sore. i love it
I know I need to go back, I was really into the cross training before marathon season, and its time to get back. Hope you are not too sore tomorrow. Take calcium and magnesium, it helps!
Yak Trax. I had the same concern about if I could feel them and possibly roll my ankle. But you really don't even notice them other then the fact that you're able to pretty much run care free on ice and snow.
Embrace the 'hurts so good' feeling!
ohhh i am so ready to get back into lifting! great job on the workout... its a good kind of sore :)
I bet you'll do all kinds of things while on vacation!!
No pain, No GAIN!!
Ugh - not a fan of walking lunges either. I do love the soreness that upper body weight torture brings me though :)
hey denise! i just wanted to say hi and thanks for the comment on my blog! did you ever find the bfast cookie how to post??
hope you have a great night!
Lunges and squats, OMG do they hurt afterwards!
Lunges hurt me more than marathons. They're brutal.
Post a Comment