Geesh, hard to believe that a week ago today I was running through Philly, freezing my butt off. Too bad it's not that cold out today considering we just had to move all the food from our refrigerator to a cooler and put it out on the deck. Grrrr. Stupid apartment refrigerator busted at some point through the night. Thankfully, we didn't buy many groceries this week because we're heading to Michigan on Thursday. But still, makes me even more anxious to get out of here and into our new house. We went to Lowe's yesterday to do the mock kitchen design and it went really well. Well meaning Andy and I didn't bicker at all!! That might have been partially due to me being sick and not having the energy to be bossy. :-) So, yea, I'm still fighting this cold. I managed to go for a run yesterday and did an easy 5 miles. That was my first real run since the marathon and I have to say, it was harder than I expected. My legs are definitely not fully recovered. Had some pains down the sides of my legs that almost forced me to walk a bit. But I survived. Can't believe the long weekend is almost over...ugh.
Oh, and after we put the perishable items into the cooler I could see Andy was deep in thought. Then he said, "If we can fit all our stuff in that cooler, why do we even need a refrigerator in the new house? Why don't we just get some coolers?" This might have something to do with the refrigerator I want being $3500 but still, hands off ladies, he's all mine!
9 comments:
Tell Andy that is a great idea. He'll love running for ice every day! Cute post!
Perma-cooler is such a guy suggestion, LOL!
Yeah - my legs aren't quite 100% yet either. It's all good.
Nice job getting out for a run - it will definitely take some time to feel 100%, so just don't push yourself too hard.
(BTW, that is totally something my cheap-o hubby would suggest!)
I would have been thinking the same thing. must be a guy thing.
Good luck with that fridge ! I remember what it feels like the first run after 26.2. My legs were always feeling like lead. They'll loosen up!
LOL!!! Such a guy comment.
I haven't even tried running yet, although my legs have felt fine since Wednesday. I am just being lazy.
Ha! That's why we keep boys around.
I'm finally getting my legs back under me too. My mind is ready, but my legs are a little late to join the party.
that is so something my hubby would say!
I've heard that if you can weather the storm of building and moving into a new house then you can survive anything.
Colds suck! Hope you get feeling better.
Post a Comment