I want it to be Sunday again. I am feeling so blah now that it's all over. I knew the training and the race was consuming my life, and all my thoughts, and all my conversations (sorry to all my family and friends!) but I didn't realize how empty I'd feel when it was all said and done. On Sunday after the marathon, I thought one would be enough and that I was done. Well, that feeling is completely gone and I know I will do another...hopefully sooner rather than later.
I have to say, I felt like a super star at work yesterday. Reading everyone's comments on my blog and having everyone come up to me to hear how it went...it was a great feeling. Made me realize that it was an even bigger accomplishment than I thought!
So, now I have to find something else to keep my occupied. That shouldn't be too hard with the new house and studying for the PT certification. I am also really looking forward to having a little more time to focus on lifting. I let that slide a bit due to all the running and have been missing it a lot. Can't wait to get back to my "Squat Sundays."
Well, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We'll be having dinner with my family this year at my Aunts house. It's my first Thanksgiving with my family since 2002 because I didn't travel home for the Holiday when I lived in Michigan. I have never been one to care much for Thanksgiving but I'm actually excited for tomorrow. Gobble, gobble.
15 comments:
Hahaa..did you feel the same after your wedding? I did..what a let down! It's like Christmas, all the planning for one day. Happy Thanksgiving!
Might I suggest the NJ Marathon in May??
Thinking about it - it was my first marathon last May. It's like 20 minutes from me so it's really a hard one to pass up (although I probably won't "blog commit" to it too early because I jinxed myself on the Philly Marathon doing that!). It's a great race though, you should definitely consider it. I am gently encouraging some of the other Philly runners to look at it!
I remember those post-marathon blahs. It'll pass... enjoy your recovery.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Everyone gets the post marathon blues. It's really hard the first time due to all the work you put in and then it's just gone. It will pass. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Oh, those blahs, that is the time I always end up signing up for another one! It gives me something to look forward to.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Turkey Day and congrats on your KICK BOOTY marathon!!! You did awesome. I am feelin' ya on the post marathon blues. They lasted an entire month for me. I'm just starting to kick them.
If you want to try the workout
400= 1/4 mile
800 = 1/2 mile
1200 = 3/4 mile
1600 = 1 mile
Hey, congrats on the marathon! Happy Thanksgiving!
Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com
Happy Thanksgiving, Denise!
I hear you with the blah - I'm DEEP in it.
You're having marathon blues. It totally happens to me too and immediately I sign up for something else - last time it was a 5k 4 weeks later and I PRed. So sign up for something so you have it coming up and you'll feel better! Or start training for #2! Believe me, I want to go back to Sunday too and tell my body to work with me!! Enjoy thanksgiving with the fam!
Haha...I started looking last night. I can't take it anymore!
J and I are looking into the National Marathon in DC in March. There is also the Ocean Drive Marathon in Jersey the same weekend. We are trying to decide if we want to train in the dead of winter.
I too am looking forward to getting more into lifting which I've been slacking on. I am also going to start some hill training here in Manayunk. So many plans!
I run the Ocean Drive Marathon 10 miler.
The past 2 years, it was as cold as the Philly marathon, and you run into a constant headwind.
Beautiful course, I will be doing the 10miler again, but the marathon.. not this one.
Not much crowd support either.
Isn't that what everyone says after the first marathon?? How quickly can I sign up for the next one? Enjoy the glory - at least for a little while!
Ha! I just posted about the EXACT same "I want to do it again" thing. It really was a big deal, wasn't it.
Post a Comment