Saturday, November 8, 2008

Beaming!

I feel great!! What a difference from last weekend! Just got back from a 14 mile run and it went really well. I've been so down about my worse run ever last weekend and it was really breaking my confidence, but today turned things back around. We ran Shawmont and held a great pace, even up the mile long climb. I averaged a 9:03 pace and after discussing this with Dave (who I told today that he should pimp himself out to be a running coach...he's so motivational to run with!), I'm right on track for the marathon. I never really thought of it before but I run all my runs, with the exception of my long run, at an 8:30 pace. When I do tempo runs, I take it to 7:30 - 7:00. So what does all this mean? I definitely think I can hold a 9:00 minute pace and finish in 4 hours and I'm even starting to believe that the 3:50 pace group (8:45 min pace) will be a good match for me.

But only race day will tell...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for it! Maybe stick with the 4 hour pace group for a few miles to ensure you don't take off to fast then if you're feeling good maybe take yourself up.

joyRuN said...

Awesomeness! Glad you had a great run :)

Joe said...

Nice! That 4 hour mark is definitely within your grasp. Nothing like a good run to start the weekend off right.

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Marci said...

You can totally do it! Your finishing times are fast!
No I am not from Philly, but I loed the race so much last year that I am back for round two. Hope to see you there!

Stacey said...

Yeah! Glad your run went well. I am sooo ready to do another marathon. Good luck.

Julianne said...

Sounds like a completely different run from last week! Awesome on your 14 miler. Your pace is awesome, too. You're going to rock Philly!

Julianne said...

I just realized this is going to be your first marathon!! Omg, how exciting!!!!! 2 weeks to go!

Brooke said...

Awesome! And Yay for no more house hunting! I have my first 14 mile run this weekend and hope it goes well. I think you should go for under 4! Start off with the 4 group and see how it goes...can't wait to hear!