Thursday, November 6, 2008

Transitions

This weeks TIaRT theme is Transitions, and how we manage change. I feel like I am the Queen of change. In fact, I feel my life has been in a constant state of change for YEARS now. It hasn't been until recently that I feel I'm not only able to handle change, but I also accept it and look forward to it. All the change over the last 10 years of my life, has brought me to a great place...both mentally and physically. From divorce, moving, moving to MI, new job, marriage, moving back to PA (and one more to come!) HOLY CRAP...JUST AS I WROTE THAT LAST STATEMENT AN EMAIL CAME IN FROM OUR REALTOR SAYING OUR OFFER WAS ACCEPTED!! WE GOT OUR HOUSE! Thanks to everyone for their good wishes!!

*sigh* back to change...where was I?? Oh you get the point. I've gone through tons of changes and I'm actually thankful for each one of them. I think the best way to deal with change is to learn something about yourself while you're going through the transition. If you take something positive out of every experience, you can get through anything.

To tie this into running...aside from Andy, running has been the most significant change I've made in my life. It keeps me happy and sane (well, that's debatable), gives me time to think, relieves stress, takes me places I've never thought I'd go and has given me the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people.

Woo hoo...we're new home owners!!

8 comments:

joyRuN said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Happy homecoming :)

raulgonemobile said...

Congratulations on the house!

I too try to take things and learn from them, although it sometimes takes a while for me to extract a nugget to learn. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the house! That is great.

I try to learn form things however I seem to struggle with it at times.

Anonymous said...

We bought an outhouse?!

Jeanette said...

Hey, Andy. that was going to be my comment!
congrats!!!!!!!!!! Which room is for the boys?

Joe said...

I'll tell you like I told my sister...don't buy a house! It's a lot of work, money and hassle! :)

Seriously, congratulations on the house. You'll have to post photos!

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Shoe Running said...

Fantastic! Congrats :) That is a little weird that you got the email while writing this post :) Guess it was meant to be!

Julianne said...

Congratulations on your first home!!! Yay! Do we get a glimpse of it one of these days?? :-)