Wednesday, November 19, 2008

3 Days, 20 Hours, 21 Minutes

Until the big day!! I am insanely excited! I am so ready to run and even more ready to go out afterwards and celebrate! I just talked to my sisters and I have spectators along the course (mile 1, 6, possibly 13, 19 (who will also see me at 21) and 23). I feel so loved!! I can't believe it's so close...all the training...yikes...hope it pays off!!

As for everyone else running Philly, GOOD LUCK and bundle up! (Laurel, FLYERS26, Marci, JoyRuN). Hope I didn't miss anyone!

Weather Update:
Saturday Night: Low: 23 °F RealFeel®: 17 °F (YIKES)
Sunday: High: 44 °F RealFeel®: 38 °F, Chilly with increasing cloudiness

12 comments:

raulgonemobile said...

Good luck!

FLYERS26 said...

I can't wait either.. this is the longest week in the history of the world!
I feel like a kid, who can't wait for x-mas to get here!
I can handle the cold, just PLEASE NO WIND !!!

Stacey said...

I am so excited for you. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Man you have me excited and I'm not even running in it. Good luck.

X-Country2 said...

How exciting! Good luck

Marlene said...

You will get such a great boost from your support group... enjoy the run and especially the celebration. :)

joyRuN said...

GREAT. I thought I was sane again today about this whole thing, until I read your update. Now I'm back to crazay!

I'll have to re-read all your posts Sun morning - then I'll be all jacked up & ready to go.

That's so great your sisters will be there to support you!

N.D. said...

I just found your blog through Laurel's - I was about 20 seconds ahead of you at Broad Street, our times are similar! GOOD LUCK this weekend, you are going to do great! I can't do clif shots, I LOVE GU!!! Have you tried it? Maybe for the next marathon! best of luck!

Jeanette said...

We bought nice horn noise makers to cheer you on and draw lots of unwanted attention to ourselves.

N.D. said...

Hey there! I'm doing boston with charity 2 months after my baby's due!
I haven't broken 4 minutes in a normal marathon and just started averaging 7:30-8 min miles in races this spring, so since then I haven't run a marathon!

Laurel said...

Woo-hoo! It's almost here.

What running group do you run with? Shawmont? I'm going to look for you guys when you line up for your picture.

Kristin said...

Hey Denise! Found you through laurel! Philly is going to be my first too! My plan for today is to stock up on some gu's!! (my fav GU: expresso love) Gu's chocolate one is just like frosting, on one long run I somehow got it all over my face and hands... I looked liked a crazed kid. Good luck on Sunday! Im going crazy about the weather too (what to wear?)... keep warm and enjoy!