Surprisingly, I'm not that embarrassed or devastated by the "incident" on Saturday. Well, I guess that's sort of obvious since I blogged about it, talked about it over dinner with friends this weekend and I haven't deleted my sisters diarrhea songs she's left in my comments. In a weird way, it's almost like a rite of passage. I've heard stories about marathon runners having bowel issues during their long runs and never thought I'd be one of them. I've mentioned before about how I don't consider myself a runner but having completed 22 miles in those conditions...I must be one after all. And really, what is there to be embarrassed about? I mean, everybody poops.
I was feeling really banged up yesterday, mostly from the fall, and didn't make it to the gym. I went today but because my knees are still hurting I did some cross training instead. I have to say, I don't know how I used to work out on the elliptical. Not only was I ready to poke my own eyes out, but I felt like I wasn't doing anything. Nothing seems to make you sweat like a good run and if I don't sweat, then I didn't work out hard enough!! Needless to say, I'm looking forward to a nice, hard, sweaty run tomorrow.
5 comments:
Oh dear. You're so right -we have ALL had those moments. I've barely made it home on a few occasions and I had friends that just have to go in the bushes. There is always a bad run that makes you doubt yourself a little. But you did the right thing - got back up and kept on going. Even with the stops - your pace was great!
There's nothing to be embarrassed about! And you're right, everybody poops. ;-)
I feel the same way about a workout. I mean, if I don't sweat I must not have not done much. Stupid brain tricks.
Yes, everyone poops, just look at the port potties at any race! LOL. This past race I went to change in a porta potty after the race and someone's spoiled race shorts were in the toilet. Ewww.. (sorry if its TMI)
I wouldn't even worry about it. I've had issues myself - it's why I've started to put Desitin on before my long runs. TMI, I know.
Post a Comment