Friday, April 17, 2009

Hurt So Good

Sorry for the crummy picture but I took it with my cell phone. Evidence of my first ever ice bath. Let's just say, it was a little painful. If you look closely enough, which might not be that pleasant of a site, you can see my goosebumps. I lasted 5-6 minutes and as painful as it was, I will be doing this again. Felt great afterwards!

After seeing how this looked on the main page...UGH, I can't believe I just put this out there for you all to see. Sorry!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! That would hurt! That's kind of like foam rolling, it hurts but if feels sooo good afterwards!

ShutUpandRun said...

LOVE the picture. Thanks for sharing. It looks miserable, but I know it does wonders.

Amber said...

Omg! You are crazy! I don't think I could ever do that! Ever!

Unknown said...

It is amazing just how well those ice baths work tough.

Anonymous said...

You are brave and I give you credit for the ice bath...I know it's said to be great but I just can't bring myself to do it yet...

SuperDave said...

I hit the ice about 2 weeks ago. It sucks! but it is so good for healing.

RunToTheFinish said...

mwwwhaaahaaa!! I am so in to the epsom salt, cause I think those ice baths are just plain mean

Abby said...

I love that the tattoo made an appearance :)

RunningLaur said...

It gets better! I think once your body knows that shock is coming, it can prepare a little? Ok, maybe ice baths still suck, but I found if I really distract myself with something to read it's better.

Ps - heart the tattoo.

Aron said...

yayyy I <3 my ice baths too!!

Jon in Tokyo said...

Well done. That is A LOT harder to do than it looks!

Bruce said...

That is hard to do. I cannt do it, I just seem to ice alot after long runs. Lately after most runs just to be safe. I know I should do the occasional ice bath after long runs.

aNd! said...

Ice Baths are not fun! I just read today in a Women's Running magazine that unless you are in the top 5% of elite runners you don't need to take an ice bath because you probably don't build up enough lactic acid in your body. It was written by an orthopedic surgeon that also runs. She recommended stretching and taking an anti-inflammatory. (Mind you this is just a snipit from her and did not provide any actual supporting data either way). Just thought I would share what I had read. I am still out on the subject.

X-Country2 said...

I did my second ever ice bath tonight, and yeah, it feels great! I haven't graduated to that much ice though. You're a rock star.

joyRuN said...

I'm very familiar with that misery!

It helps though, so can't argue with it :)

Rookie on the Run said...

Brrrr...! I have yet to try that. But I'm sure I will.

Nice legs, btw! :)

Jeanette said...

You're brave, girl!

raulgonemobile said...

I'm impressed.. maybe I'll have to try this sometime. Man.. that just looks like it sucks, though. :)

Have a good weekend

Anonymous said...

NICE pic! Just what I wanted to see first thing in the morning!

Natalie D said...

Your legs weren't even covered! did it help?

Unknown said...

I swear ice baths are the worst things while you're in there, but they are so good later.