I had such a productive morning! By 11:30am I had gone to breakfast with Andy, went to Target, grocery store, Trader Joes, and ran 7 miles. Have a ton more to do this afternoon, but I just woke up from a nap and I'm too groggy to get moving! Anyway...the 7 mile run today...it was GREAT!! I was a little worried about it because it was a sharpening run, as Coach Jack calls it. I was suppose to warm up for 2 miles, run 3 miles at 7:50 (my Broad Street 10 miler race pace) and then cool down for the last 2 miles. I wasn't sure how I would feel running 3 miles at 7:50. Since it wasn't race day, I didn't think I'd mentally have it in me. Turns out I did and the one thing I kept thinking during those faster miles was, "this feels so comfortable." The pace felt perfect and I didn't feel like I was struggling or exerting much effort at all. Sometimes running slow feels like it takes more effort than the pace I ran today. Here are my splits:
Mile 1 - 9:10
Mile 2 - 9:08
Mile 3 - 7:45
Mile 4 - 7:46
Mile 5 - 7:32
Mile 6 - 8:47
Mile 7 - 8:46
My schedule for this week calls for 35 miles, which is a few less than this past week. I joked with Coach Jack saying "35? That's all you got for me?" He replied, "you'll be begging for 35 miles when we get into the heart of training." Bring it on!!
18 comments:
You are super fast! By the time I come in at Broad Street, you'll have eaten breakfast!!!
Good job on productivity...my days are always better when I am productive too!
Hey Denise! I had a great run (only about 3.5 miles) this morning as well...don't know what it is that makes the different but today I was just "ON" and felt fantastic from start to finish. Then I got home and read this article in the Sunday paper that I thought might interest you and your followers: http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2009/04/19/what_ruins_running/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed3
You are fast! I love productive mornings too.
Sounds like you have a great coach and you're working hard on the plan. Can't believe how fast you are!
Great pace - ever better that you didn't feel like you were working too hard. That's exciting.
Nice splits! that is awesome!
Miles 3-5 were amazing. Good job and productive day!
Awesome run! Amazing that you're comfortable at that pace, all your hard work is paying off! LOL at Coach Jack's reply!
wow way to go!! i am seriously super jealous, i'm still afraid to push too hard. darn it, but it will come back!
can't wait to see what Jack has in store for you
Yay for productivity and awesome runs! Should be fun when 35 mile weeks seem short!
AWESOME!!!!
That's so great. Runs like that are the best -- way to go!
I totally agree, I find it easier to run faster than trying to slow my pace. I can really feel it if I go a little too fast...all a balance I guess.
I woke up at 11:30 today. :o)
Great run! Coach Jack sounds like a great fit.
Wow, great run!
Those productive weekend mornings are the best - total license for afternoon naps!
awesome job on the run!!!! i love it when those fast paces feel comfortable :)
Great job on the run! You were flying on those tempo's. BTW your picture for your first ice bath is too funny!
Nice job on the running.. and the whole getting everything done early on.. holy crap
Wow what a great run. I agree that sometimes running slower seems like a chore and kicking it up a notch makes it more exciting and of course you get done alot quicker!
Post a Comment