On Sunday I grabbed one of my PureFit bars to eat while we were on the go all day. I took the Almond Crunch bar and I was NOT disappointed. Not only was it really good, but it totally filled me up! It had 230 calories, 6 g fat, 3 g fiber and 18 g protein. These bars do not contain dairy, wheat or gluten and will not melt. I honestly struggled to save a bite to get a picture of until I got home.
I also jumped on the green smoothie band wagon that's sweeping the blog world and made one from romaine lettuce, blueberries, wheatgerm and water. While it wasn't bad, I think I need to play around more with the flavors and add some variety of fruits. Surprisingly, Andy really liked it and ended up finishing it. I never thought he'd drink it! I'll definitely be making another one very soon.
I wasn't in the mood to workout yesterday after a hard day of work at the house, but I went to the gym anyway. I decided to do a variety workout since I wasn't really in the mood for one particular thing. I ran 2 miles, rode the bike for 15 minutes, then did the elliptical for 10 minutes followed by another mile on the treadmill. It really made the workout more enjoyable breaking it up like this, especially since I wasn't in the mood to be there. Since my back is pretty sore from working, I decided to take today as a rest day. Haven't had one in a while so I figured now was a good time.
30 comments:
i used to drink a lot of diet coke, but have really cut down a lot. It makes me wonder how much other stuff i consume has Splenda in it... i'm curious to see how you feel next week!
I am a splenda user as well. Let us know how you feel after being Splenda free!
I reallllllly want to stop using splenda! I use 2 a day in my coffee and really want to find something else. I just dont think I can drink it black! Good luck!!
I know its hard to break up with:(
truvia:)
the bar sounds good! i used to eat tons of splenda then I cut back then I cut it out when I got preggers. Probably good to cut out.. I definitely drink less tea though, it just isn't as sweet!
If you've read Skinny Bitch it will certainly turn you off those sweetners..very scary.
way to go on working out even when you didn't really feel it!
I have completely given up Splenda in the last few months, if you do a little research, there is a ton of scary stuff out there about it. I switched to Stevia, an all natural sweetener, and now there's Truvia, another natural sweetener. They are much better alternatives without the chemicals!
I've tried giving up/cutting down on Diet Pepsi...can't seem to do it! I never used to drink soda in high school. I wish you luck on your splenda adventure!
Good post, I need to be more aware about my consumption!
Yeah for a rest day! And the smoothies are GREAT with spinach!
I just came off a 2 week stent of trying to get used to black coffee....not happening. I even tried some other natural sweeteners, but alas I love my splenda coffeesticks. As far as the splenda and all other sweeteners or alternative sweeteners I have decided that they all have pros/cons according to the research I've found. I take all research with a grain of salt especially depending on who paid for the research. I only use 1 or 2 packets of the splenda a morning and don't really eat or drink anything else with sweetener in it so I figure anything in moderation. Good Luck!
Have you tried Stevia? It's a natural sweetener w/o the calories.
I've been using honey a lot too. My rationale is that it's good for me :)
I love those kind of workouts, it keeps me from getting bored. Good luck with the splenda, I have never liked it but I am addicted to sugar. Can't wait to hear how you feel next week!
I avoid all soda that I can. It has not been easy but I think it is worth it.
Denise! I just did a research project for my biology class about artificial sweeteners and their dangers to the body and I am glad that you cut it out! I was amazed at what I learned and have cut all man-made sweeteners out of my diet!
They contain really harmful chemicals that the body can't process and can do terrible things to you. If you want to try a calorie free sweetener I recommend Stevia, it's a plant extract and isn't harmful at all.....no chemicals! :)
Great blog by the way!
That bar sounds good!
Good luck cutting out the fake sweeteners. I've more or less cut out diet cokes; I used to have one a day, now about one a month. I still do love them, though!
I made the same decision about a month ago. I didn't give it up completely (still use a bit in oatmeal), but I stopped using it in hot drinks and also stopped drinking any diet soda/powerade zero/etc...
I wasn't sure it had made any difference, but then I ended up having a diet coke out at a bar a couple weeks ago (didn't feel like alcohol but wanted something different from water), and I ended up feeling almost hungover afterward. Guess it really was affecting me!
I am so hooked on artificial sweeteners and wish I could lay off. I'll look forward to hearing how the adjustment goes.
Awesome job getting your workout done even though you didn't feel like it.
good for you for trying to give up artificial sweeteners! I've been trying to give up my 2 packets of equal in my coffee, but the truvia/stevia products I've tried are just not sweet enough for me. I bought agave nectar from Trader Joes a while back, but it seems a little too close to me as putting honey in my coffee. Doesn't seem right.
That bar sounds pretty good. Nice mini-brick workout. :o)
I've heard some bad things about Splenda, so it's probably not a bad idea to cut it out. Enjoy the rest day!
Thanks for the nutrition advice. It's basically what I was going to try as my runs get longer.
I just recently cut splenda out of my life, it's been difficult but I think it makes a difference. Maybe it is just mental but I don't feel like I've been craving sugar since I gave up splenda. I do miss my flavor water but non-chemically seltzer has to suffice for now!
im drinking coffee with splenda right now. aw mann...i feel guilty
Have you tried stevia or agave nectar? Those are natural sweeteners. I don't think I would ever be able to go to all black coffee!
No more Splenda?
I use 8 to 12 packets in a cup of coffee.
After withstanding some mockery, my research indicated that one needs to consume thousands of packets per day for any ill health effect.
Anyways, if you don't like sweet stuff, then, it's a good decision!
Congrats on kicking Splenda to the curb! I was a Splenda addict once and swear I feel so much better now that I gave it up a few months ago. It's just not worth it! Good luck!
The green smoothies are going to one for me to stomach, but they are healthy!
I am also trying to cut down on artificial sweeteners, but it is tough!
I too am a splendaholic.
Seven...yes, seven in my coffee.
Ok, Coffees, plural.
Post a Comment