The other day I opened one of my Motley Fuel bars. I tried the Original which was a hearty bar!! With 334 calories, 18g fat, and 10g protein, this would definitely fill you up. I only sampled a bite but Andy was happy to finish it off. He really enjoyed it and like the molasses taste. While I thought the bar tasted good, it was a little dry and hard. I personally wouldn't look to this for a pre/post workout snack, but it would definitely work for lunch or breakfast on the go.
Ingredients: organic peanut butter, organic molasses, local honey, organic oats, organic cranberries, organic coconut, organic sunflower seeds, organic raw almonds, organic flax seeds
In running news, training starts on Monday for my 20in24 run as a Lone Ranger. I was looking at the schedule the other day and there is a 31 miler on there. What did I sign up for?? At least we only have 1 more month of house renovations (we need to move in exactly 1 month from today) so after that I'll have some more free time on the weekends.
22 comments:
31 miles does sound daunting. I think I'd just do a marathon for that one!
and add on the rest. Those bars look massive and have lots of fat, good fat though! I would have tried only a bite too. Good luck, it is beautious out today if you get out later... if not, tomorrow!
I had an indulgent eating day yesterday as well with a big burrito, margarita and huge Coldstone sundae, so don't feel bad. I'll just put in some extra miles tomorrow.
Glad to hear you had fun. Don't worry about it, one day is not going to hurt you. As for your training plan, I can't imagine running 32 miles! I'm sure by the time it comes along you will be fine, who knows you may like running that long?
I think I must have missed it in a previous post, but what is 20 in 24?
31 miles?! That has Ultra Marathoner allll over it!
Can't wait to hear about your trainig. Sounds like it's going to be pretty hardcore, but I know you can do it!
I personally believe it's necessary to indulge sometimes... keeps life in balance and balance is good.
I've been very "balanced" today and plan to add to my balanced life by sending my hubby out to Coldstone to get me some ice cream.
I'm trying to maybe get a group together for 20in24, but you've got us all beat with the Lone Ranger! Looking forward to hearing about the training!
I so wish I were doing the 20in24 with you!
Wow, 31-miler? I can't even imagine!!
I would just run a 50K ultra in plan of a 31 mile run, much more enjoyable. Good luck with your training, I know you will do great!
20 in 24? what's that all about? // whenever I drink I turn into an eating MACHINE.
I can't imagine planning out the 31 miler. I definitely agree with other posters that it might be worth it to do a marathon and add on the rest. I'll be interested to see the rest of your training.
you will kick but in that race, you've been putting in the effort.
oh renovations..we need to start some housework ourselves..eik
31-miler!?! OUCH!! I'm sure you'll smoke that run too though :)
Good luck with your training, you'll do awesome :)
Holy crap! THIRTY-ONE miler? You are going to have to run around Philly twice!
I woke up today thinking I wasn't going to run at all, but I felt good, so I made myself get out there around 10am. I'm glad I did. The weather was prefect for running and I extended it to a little over 7.
We have to meet up soon. The bike path is getting lonely.
I'm not doing 31 miles though! HA!
I usually end up at a greezy spoon after beersand tipsyness!
Nice miles!
WOW a 31 miler!!!
I had nachos the other night too :) just have to have them sometimes!!! YUM :)
Wow, those bars are loaded. They sound good, but definitely more of a meal replacement. Thanks for the review.
I'm glad you had a good time. I think you just need to let go once in a while. You'll make up for it in no time with your crazy workouts. :)
I am sure you will find training a breeze once you are done with the home renovations!
Sounds like a great time! I tend to let myself go too at those festivals.
31 miles.. wow.. Can't wait to read about that. :)
Post a Comment