While we were running, a goal of mine came up. I've been thinking about this for a while now but never brought it up until today. I always thought it was for very experienced, elite runners and maybe I just needed Coach there to tell me it was doable. Anyway, I've been interested in becoming a pacer some day down the road. Not any time soon as I know I have A LOT to learn when it comes to pacing. But I think it not only would be fun, it would be so rewarding to help people reach their goals of finishing a marathon. So I'm adding this to the tangible goal list! Coach Jack trains pacers so I see an opportunity in the future...
It was a dreary day while we were running, we were admiring the area and how great of a running route there is in the city. I mentioned that I really need to bring my camera along to take pics for my blog so we stopped and Coach took this picture with his phone. I guess I can't complain about race day action photos because I can't even take a decent one when I pose for it! That's the Philadelphia Are Museum behind me.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! We're heading to our friends house for a early Spring cookout and some cards. Looking forward to it!
24 comments:
Great goal. I need a pacer, do people pay for that service?
Good job! Cute pic!
yeah for a great coach! I never take good pics in my running attire, guess it's par for the course
I think it would be so cool if you were a pacer! Helping people reach their own goals is great!
That's a great goal! Glad you had such a positive experience today, also.
I always thought it would be fun to be a pacer! What kind of training is there for that? I figured most of them were just really into running marathons!
What a cool goal; I'd love to hear what that entails. I'm deciding if I'm going to run with a pacer for Vermont City or not
I think that is a great goal to have, I never knew you could hire a personal running coach either! Very cool. Pacing seems like it would be very hard to do!
I had stomach problems the only time I tryed cliff shots too. Have you used them before? Better to find out on a training run then in a race.
Glad to hear you had such a good run. I would love to have a pacer!
That's one of my favorite spots on the kelly drive loop - i love when the boathouses come into view again.
I love the idea of becoming consistent to pace other people - good luck with getting there!
I'm so happy that your coach is working out so well for you. Great new goal. I suspect you'll be a wonderful pacer.
That is a great goal. I am glad the coaching is working well.
It'd be so great to be a pacer - such a fantastic goal!
Good to hear that the coach is working out so well too.
Great job on the 14!
It looks like it'd be fun to be a pacer. I'm still working on trying to be consistent on my own though :)
Honestly - that's a super fun goal! I'm excited to hear how it comes together!!
It sure looks cold in that picture. Nice job with the 14 miler.
Nice job on your run. I think wanting to be a pacer is a great goal!
nice goal sweetie! Its so nice that you have a PACER!
I want to be a pacer someday too!! I think it would be SO fun to help people get their goals!
Great job on the run!!
i think you would make an excellent pacer! sounds like a great goal! Glad you had a great run, sounds like you have a great coach :)
Glad your coach is working out so well for you! :)
That's an awesome goal! You can do it! Yea for a great run with your coach, too.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and passing along your kind words and support. Your story certainly is an inspiration to me so thank you for sharing and keep it up! :)
Nice run, and a good goal to add, to boot!
Post a Comment