Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lots of Goodies

The weather has been great here lately! We actually hit 72 yesterday and it almost felt hot out!! I got in a nice 14 miler yesterday with a good hill workout. I'm heading to the house now to do some work outside since it's going to be nice out again and am hoping to get another run in this afternoon. Since I've run every day for the past few days, I'll take tomorrow off from running and save my squat Sunday for then.

Check out all these goodies I received to sample. I'm going to be a busy girl, and eating a lot apparently. I'll post reviews and more info about them as I get through some of the stuff. Oh, and the YouBar I sampled the other day, that was just half of the bar, I ate half before I took the picture. So it's not that small, Natalie!!

First up, Motley Fuel (a local Philly company). "Motley Fuel is an energy bar made from local and organic ingredients that can be tailored to your taste and is fresh made in small batches."


Next, a variety of Clif products. I've never tried any of the Luna products so I'm really excited to test out the nutrition products geared towards women.


And finally, PureFit nutrition bars. PureFit "was named 'Nutrition Bar of the Year' by Bike Magazine." They don't contain dairy, wheat, gluten, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, trans fats or hidden carbohydrates.


Oh, and I've read about a bunch of you trying the Green Smoothie Challenge. I'm going to make one today, can't wait to try it!

18 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

I've only tried the Luna bar, not the other Luna products. Let us know how they are...

RunToTheFinish said...

way to go on racking up the freebies!

Norma said...

HEY! Wow, just checked out all your blogs...VERY nice to meet another crazy fitness freak like me! Your green smoothie link isn't working...is it the one from Eat-Clean? Congrats on your marathon run...I just blogged about my dream of training for the Boston marathon some day soon. Concentrating on mixed martial arts and all kinds of cardio/weight training now. Keep in touch!

Bruce said...

You look like you hit the jackpot of energy bars.

X-Country2 said...

If you need someone to take some of that off your hands, you just let me know. :o)

joyRuN said...

Looks/sounds deeelish!

Natalie D said...

Wow - how'd you get all these! I want to try too! Thanks for the size clarification :) Great job on the 14 miler! where do you do most of your long runs? It has been BEAUTIFUL out!

Trishie said...

The Luna moons aren't bad for the bike. it's nice to change up the texture a little bit from the GU.

Rookie on the Run said...

You need to post a blog about how to go about getting free samples. :D

Looks like you have a great assortment of goodies to try. Enjoy & keep us informed.

Susan said...

Wow, looks at all those goodies!! You'll have to let us know your reports on them!

Aron said...

oh that is awesome you got all that fun stuff!! i used to eat a luna everyday, i think i outdid myself :) i also used to use the luna moons - they are YUMMY if you dont mind chewing thing. the chewing got old to me so i switched back to gu :)

Stacey said...

I agree with Rookie on the Run...how do you get all the free stuff?? That is so great. I look forward to hearing how your bounty of fuel tastes/performs.

Laurel said...

Did you go for a run in the afternoon? I wish I would have known. I got out there around 2:30pm. I was all messed up with the time change. I didn't even realize it was that late till I got back!

The Luna Bars are pretty good. I haven't tried the Moons, so I can't wait for you to tell me how they are. I actually have a guy running buddy, who loves Luna Bars. LOL.

Hope you got some stuff done on the house today.

Abby said...

Mmm... Luna Moons are my favorite.

I'm a big fan of the chocolate raspberry luna bars, too.

Enjoy all the samples!

Marlene said...

Nice loot! Look at all those goodies you get to try. Enjoy!

Felice Devine said...

Yes, please post reviews!

Lora Abernathy said...

If I hadn't just eaten 4 Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, those would look very yummy!

SuperDave said...

These were freebies? You have good connections! Looking forward to hearing how they are.