Not much going on today. Typical Monday...struggling to get through the day. I really think we should move to a 4 day work week and have Mondays off. Anyone else support this??
Anyway, I meet Coach Jack tonight and I'm really excited. I'm full of questions and excitement and can't wait to become a better runner!! Today kicked off my training and I had an easy 6 miler at a 9:14 pace. I woke up thinking this would be a hard run because I was running it slower than my normal pace and that it would take forever. I always feel rushed in the morning to get my workout done so I can get into work. For some reason I feel I have to be in by 8am, when really I can get in any time I want (gotta love flex time!). I need to learn to relax a bit because there's no way I'm going to get up even earlier to get my long runs in when that time comes. The pace was fine, though. A few times I felt a little slow and bored, but I followed orders and kept it steady at 9:14.
Tomorrow there is a "prediction run" at a local running store. You head out for a set distance without your Garmin and the top 3 who predict their times closest, win a new pair of shoes! I've never tried to predict my time without my Garmin before so I'm not sure I stand a chance. Here's hoping, though...Momma needs a new pair of shoes!!
Oh and lastly, I tried the YouShake vanilla dream this weekend and thought it was just ok. That might be because of how I made it, though. I made it with half water and half skim milk. I wanted to add strawberries and lettuce but I broke the blender the other day making a green smoothie. Grrr. Due to the texture of the shake, I'm not a huge fan of protein shakes in general, I think I'd rather sprinkle this on my oatmeal then make a shake out of it. I'll try that next time.
I also have LOTS to say about the Naturally More peanut butter I tried yesterday, but I'll save that for another day. I might have found my new love....
20 comments:
I'd prefer Fridays off, otherwise Tuesday will just become to new Monday. Have fun with the coach meeting.
ill take mondays off thank you :)
ohh that would be really interesting to predict a run. good luck meeting the coach tonight! and good job keeping the pace easy, its hard sometimes but its worth it :)
Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck with your prediction. I hope you win some new shoes :)
A prediction run would definitely be interesting, especially if your ability to pace is anything like mine! I can never tell how fast I'm running without garmin...
Good luck with the coach..
You will have to be our virtual coach, teching us what you learn.
I agree about the 4 day work week. I am trying to negotiate that arrangement with my boss lady now.
Good luck with the coach meeting.
good luck with the coach, and the prediction run sounds neat! Hope you win the shoes :)
Thanks for stopping by my humble little blog. I'm with you on shortening the work week. That work stuff just gets in the way of training anyway. ;-)
I hope that your meeting goes well.
I also take off Mondays. Let me recover from my two "big" days.
I wish I had Flex Time! I think you'll definitely be taking advantage of that as your mileage creeps up.
And yes, I'll sign the petition for Mondays off! :)
Good luck with the prediction run. That sounds like an interesting way to see how well you really know your body.
I like Flyers idea. Are you you going to help us out with a little virtual coaching?
Hope you win some shoes!!
Oooh - good luck with the prediction run! Free kicks are great.
Prediction run, eh? I'd be absolutely horrible at that. Good luck!
I was hoping it would be a small crowd because I want to win the new shoes!!! See you tonight :)
Good luck with your predict-o-run. Fun idea!
I'm the same way with getting in to work on time. I need to stop being so anal about it hah!
I am thinking we should have a 2 day work week with a 5 day weekend.
Then, the 2 work days could by our recovery days from running.
Post a Comment