Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Draft Training Schedule

I received my first draft training schedule from Jack. This is by far the best thing I could have done, by the way. Lately I've sort of felt like I've been in a rut and was having trouble getting my head into the longer runs. But after deciding to get a coach, I'm excited again! I think this is really going to help my confidence level since right now I still struggle with even calling myself a runner. But anyway, the draft training schedule was enough to get me excited. Of course my first concern was that the paces look slow, but I'm going to trust the expert here and do what I'm told (that'll be a first!). Seriously, I'm typing so fast right now because I'm so excited!!

Anyway, last week I got a package from Bell Plantation and if you have not been to this site before, go check it out. For those of us that suffer from the peanut butter addiction like Amanda posted about today, this might be what we've been looking for. PB2 is powdered peanut butter made by squeezing out the oil in peanuts. While I have yet to try mixing the PB2 powder with water to make peanut butter, I have been adding it to my oatmeal in the morning. It is so good and it smells great!! I'm planning on mixing it this weekend and trying it on sandwich. And the best part, a 2T serving has 1.87g of fat and 5.65g protein. This is one peanut butter I might let myself be addicted to!

27 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! That peanut butter stuff sounds amazing! Can't wait to check it out. And you need to check out http://www.google.com/analytics/. That will tell you how people find your blog :)

ShutUpandRun said...

Can't wait to hear more about Jack and the draft training...

kristen said...

Im so excited for you and your new training plan. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Run Sarah said...

That PB stuff sounds really neat! I am addicted to nut butters.

Jeanette said...

I want to try this "powdered PB".

Toni said...

Sounds like having a plan will help you focus. Now you don't have to think about it, just run! Have fun :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

looking forward to hearing more about this training plan! :)

Emily said...

Having a coach is going to be like the *best thing ever*! If you still feel like the plan is slow or easy or whatever after a while don't hesitate to tell him. But I bet if you start blowing the paces and times that he's giving you (esp in the speed workouts) he'll revise per your awesomeness. I can't wait to hear what he has you working on. What are your upcoming goals?! Exciting!

N.D. said...

I love adding the PB to the oatmeal. Glad the coach seems to be a great thing so far! How do you keep getting the free stuff? Let me in on that!

Marci said...

Cool that your coach has you inspired again!! I like the sound of that PB, I'll have to give it a try!

Rookie on the Run said...

I'm happy you're excited about your new training plan & coach! That's so motivating.

I love peanut butter. I'll have to check that site out!

Run Mommy said...

Yum..peanut butter. Great to hear the coach is helping. Does he kick you in the butt literally if you fall short of the training?? :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard good things about PB2! I should try it.

Have you started the new schedule? :)

Trishie said...

I've heard good things about PB2. so exciting to have a coach !

Running Through Life said...

I need to check out the Peanut Butter.

It sounds that having a coach has provided you an incentive to keep training hard even when you don't feel like it.

Unknown said...

Wow I have never heard of that kind of PB before. Very interesting!

raulgonemobile said...

It's good to be excited! Enjoy the plan

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous...I want a running coach!!! And I am going out this weekend and getting some of that PB- looks great and I am an addict so at least I can feel good about it now!!

Marlene said...

There's nothing like the excitement and anticipation of starting a new training program!

That PB power sounds strange... I'd be interested to hear how it turns out mixed with water.

Unknown said...

I want to go through draft training

Norma said...

HUGE, MAJOR, peanut-butter-is-to-me-like-donuts-are-to-Homer-Simpson PB addict here...thx for the rec, gonna go check it out now...and so great about your running coach, too! : )

Aron said...

YAY!!! glad you are so excited :)

X-Country2 said...

I'm a totally peanut butter ho.

Good luck with the coach. Hopefully he works out just perfect for you.

Felice Devine said...

That sounds so awesome. I'm going to head over there and check it out! Thanks for the link!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

PB2 is GREAT STUFF!!! No more regular old store bought PB for me!

Lora Abernathy said...

Hmmm. Bell Plantation? Will definitely check it out.

Glad you've got yourself a plan...

Nikemom said...

Thanks for the tip on the PB! I love PB but avoid it cause of the calories! Plantation here I come.

Good luck with Jack. Sounds like a great deal. :D