My first week of training starts on Monday, this is what's on the schedule.
Mon - 6 mi (9:14)
Tues - 3 mi (8:50)
Wed - off
Thurs - 6 (9:14)
Fri - 3 (8:50)
Sat - 14 (9:46)
Sun - off
I meet up with Coach Jack on Monday and I'm going to ask what I can do during those "off" days. In the beginning, before the training gets intense, I'd like to do something on those days. I'm also really curious to see how the paces go considering this is slower than I normally run during the week.
And lastly, because I love cookies, but not as much as Crunch n Munch (hmmm, I wonder if Crunch n munch would sponsor me considering how often I talk about it), I wanted to mention this Luna Cookie that Clif sent me to try. I tried the berry pomegranate and let me tell you, it was deeeelicious!!! For only 140 calories, 2.5g of fat, 4g of fiber and 3g of protein, this is one cookie we don't have to feel bad about eating!! I didn't have too high of hopes as I'm not real into fruit in my cookies, but this was EXCELLENT!! And it was a good size cookie, too! Oh, and of course...Andy liked it, too!
16 comments:
Oh no, flurries?!? I guess that's the fluffy white wool of the 'out like a lamb'? Glad you got out for the run!
Wow, you are on top of this! I am itching to do my "Hooray" run!
Hope the snow stays away from ya.
Man, I thought you were going to turn into that "Eat cookies, lose weight" commercial that I can't stand. :)
5 days a week isn't too shabby.. Myself, I'd be taking those off days off. I'm sure I could find some sort of excuse
Cross my fingers for no snow for you...it's just been rainy here!
Mmm, that looks yummy! Not bad on nutritionals either. I wonder if I can find those here.
Have a great weekend and good luck on your first week of training!
We had flurries today too. So glad you are psyched to start with your coach. I cant wait to hear how training goes and where it takes you!
It is a cold start to spring. Good job on your 6 miler, I'll be doing mine in the morning.
I did my hooray run this morning too :)
yummm a luna cookie!?!? i want to try one!
Sounds like a great week!
If you have any interest in coming out on Sunday of this weekend, Natalie and I are meeting at Lloyd Hall at 8:30 AM. I'm doing 12-14, she's doing 17.
i wish i could muster myself out of bed that early to run, just can't. hope the snow doesn't stick around!
Yum! I will have to try that cookie.
Great job on your run. I keep thinking about running in the morning but I can't seem to drag myself outside when it's so dark.
Dang! With running 5 days a week, I'd totally take those 2 days OFF.
Wow. I wish I could enjoy morning running that much. I'm sure it must be cool to see the sun come up when you're out for a run!
Hey -- how has the bunion splint been working for you? Have you noticed any difference yet?
I'm always so envious of people who can get up and be productive on the weekends. Great run!
I love the fact that you have a running coach. I would love to get tips or at least a running eval with one. 5 days running! Where do you find the time? Looks like a good sched.
Post a Comment