I haven't participated in Runners Lounge TIaRT in a while but today's topic was easy for me! The theme is "Only in Running..."
Only in running do you pass up every single Friday night fun activity so you can rest up for your Saturday morning long run. I used to live for Friday night Happy Hour. 4 pm Friday couldn't get here soon enough and plans were made by Wednesday of that week. It was a tradition and it's what got me through the week. Since running, my Friday nights consist of grocery shopping, eating chicken/brown rice/broccoli and going to bed early. While it's not very exciting, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!
Now, with that being said, I'm well overdue for a day of debauchery so I'm taking tomorrow off to partake in some Philly Beer Week festivities. I'm heading out to celebrate Friday the Firkinteenth with some friends. We need to be in the city around 7am so I won't be able to get a run in and am thinking I'll miss Saturday, too. To make up for it, I got up extra early today and ran 7 miles on the treadmill. I may do a second light workout after work, but we'll see how the day goes. I'm also going to try this 7 minute workout that Bobbi posted tomorrow morning before we head out.
Tomorrow is the second weigh in for the Biggest Loser contestants. Since I'll be getting into trouble, I mean, not on line, I'll post results on Saturday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
22 comments:
Have fun going out, you need to take a break once in awhile.
I agree with your, "Only in running...." Only I don't know if it was marriage or running that turned me into a homebody. Or maybe age...
have a great time. I know what you mean about Friday nights; mine are turning out to be very similar and I look forward to them just as much as when they were crazy: if not More!
Haha, I do my long runs Sunday mornings so that's what my Saturday night is like. Too funny. Have a fun weekend!
Have fun!
I love my Fri night / Sat morning runs more than going out, but a break with friends is great once in awhile.
For me it's Saturday in preparation for the Sunday long run. You know, it's really difficult for long distance runners to have a social life!
Have fun tomorrow. You definitely deserve it!
My Firday/weekend routine has changed a LOT since I started running also. It used to be "where are we going out tonight?" Now it's "What?!? I don't want to go out I have to run 15 miles in the morning"
I am so with you on your only in running! :)
Have fun at your festival and enjoy yourself!
Some day I'm going to make it down to the Philly beer fest..
Have a great time!
I KNOW! For Christmas my husband and I were given tickets to see Wicked on a Friday night, I was so annoyed. My Friday nights now consist of going straight home, eating pasta, watching TV and going to sleep early :)
...and who else besides a runner would choose to get up at 6 or earlier on a Saturday morning in order to punish one's body? Good post.
Enjoy your time out this weekend! The boring nights due to long runs definitely are in my schedule too.
good one!
I used to tend bar for a brewpub in Columbus, OH and every Friday it was Firkin Friday. They had the world's best Scottish Ale and Cherry Porter. I miss those days.
Right on! I used to live for the 2 for 1 specials and the free wings, etc. But, running is tough after too many cocktails and nachos!
Have a fun weekend!
Enjoy beer week.
It's amazing how much that has grown over the years.
Sounds like fun! Have a great weekend.
I'm the same way with Saturday nights in anticipation for Sunday's run. I'm actually bringing humus to a girly slumber party this weekend so I have something to eat other than candy and junk that everyone else is bringing.
I am so glad I am not the only one who is okay with giving up my Friday nights. I dont know what it has to do with...age, maturity, new hobbies...but I am completely content staying in on Friday nights. I leave work, go to the gym, come home and cook a nice dinner and relax. Its wonderful!!
With that said, nights out are still always a good break in the routine! Have fun!!
My social life is so different now that I run... but like you, I love it. I love getting a run in, or working a run in so I can still meet friends. I hope you have a great time in Philly!
hope you had a GREAT night of debauchery (love that word) and, as more a lifter than a runner, I had no idea about the friday night thing!
Post a Comment