After eating a delicious (and artery clogging) dinner at my parents house last night, we decided it'd be fun to have a family Biggest Loser Competition. I'm not participating, but I get to be "Jillian" which I'm SO looking forward to. I wonder if I can make someone cry. Hmmm. It's $50 a person to enter and is 13 weeks long. The person who loses the most percentage of their starting weight wins the pot. We invited a bunch of people in our extended family to join, so I'm excited to see what kind of turnout we get. I'll be posting some updates, tips, recipes, etc for them on here. They are going to do great!!
I went to the gym during the day today. It's always interesting to go to the gym at a different time than normal. I sort of feel like newbie and a little out of place. Anyway, while I was running (did 7 miles) an old man came into the gym using a walker. It really got me thinking. Here was this old man who was moving at a snails pace. The effort it took for him to get there must have been pretty significant. He walked for a little bit on the treadmill then used several of the machines to lift. It was really inspirational to see this. People make so many excuses to not workout. I'm sorry, but I don't buy the "I don't have time", "I have kids", "Work is so busy", etc. We all have the same amount of time and we all have too much going on. Everyone can make the time to workout, it's just that not everyone wants to do it.
27 comments:
I'm going to start calling you Jillian! You must be such an inspiration to your family.
I know what you mean about going to the gym at a new time. I'm always nervous there is some protocol I am unaware of or something.
That sounds like such a fun competition and a great way to motivate your family! Have fun being Jill!
So true! I think one of the best excuses could be "I use a walker," but if this guy doesn't need to use that excuse, then none of us can use any excuse to not work out. Good luck Jillian!
That is great! I am sure you will kick butt as Jillian!
It would be fun to be worked out by Jillian.
I actually had to quit watching that show because im such a pervert.
Oh, what a great idea! Can I play? ;)
Sounds like fun! I can't wait for the posts!
Go Jillian ;) how cool to see that man at the gym. --- we all have 24 hours in our days. how we use them is up to us!
How fun is that wish myfam would let me be Jillian!!! LOL
I think it would be fun to be Jillian! You have the best part in the competition!
It does take a lot of commitment to workout everyday. Good for the old guy at the gym for getting out and being active!
Nice idea with the family competition. I agree with you completely about other's and their excuses to not go to the gym.
OUCH!!! Way to motivate...
Amen sister.
How fun to do a Biggest Loser Challenge! What a great idea with your family!
Hey, what's the name of the group you run with on Saturdays again?
Good luck being Jillian. No mercy!
Great observations about the guy at the gym. If he can do it, so can the rest of us.
Ha! That's so funny... I get the same feeling when I go to the gym at a different time. I feel almost like an intruder. I love seeing the grandmas and the grandpas working out, too.
Have fun being Jillian! What a great idea to do as a family. I think that is so motivating... especially with money involved. :)
So true, if you really want to work out you will find the time.
Getting to be Jillian sounds like fun! It's great your family is doing this together.
OHHH I WANNA BE JILLLIAN!!! Agreed that people make up way too many excuses...but that's just what they are excuses
Neat competition idea.. have fun with it!
Yeah, I get inspired by some people at the gym too. Even when some 'newbie' comes in, I think it's great, because they're out there, giving it a shot. I just hope that they can stick with it.
Wow that is such a great idea. I hope your family members get a healthy boost and reach their goals. What a great bonding experience!!! Go "Jillian"!! ;-)
soooo true :)
WOOO go jillian!! thats going to be so fun :)
totally true, i wish my husb could read this!motivating lil old man
Amy and I hope you are planning to submit an article about your lessons learned about running for the RL book project.
From following your blog and your TIART participation, we appreciate your enthusiasm for running and runners as well as your great way of expressing yourself. We believe others would benefit from your insights.
There is a lot of excitement and expertise from your fellow runners participating in the project.
Please join them by sharing your insights and lessons learned about running—plus you’ll be published and raise money for a charity!
The deadline is February 28th. Please send your article to me or to info@runnerslounge.com.
Questions? Just email me or Amy
thats so cool- make sure to let us know how it goes!
and i hope you make someone cry. its so rewarding, lol.
Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com
What a great idea to have a Biggest Loser within your family!! I love that idea. I can't wait to see what you do so that I can copy and use it for my own one day!
You're an inspiration, too!! :-)
Get those peeps working, Jillian!
I've been having some serious one-on-one with Jillian lately. Her 20 minute workouts are tough and definitely proof that anyone can fit in a workout. Who doesn't have 20 minutes?
Wow, a family biggest loser challenge is SUCH a great idea! I wonder if I could get any of my family on board with that.
That's so cool that you saw someone elderly and a little more challenged still making the effort. I... get very annoyed when people make excuses. I hope I am like that guy when I am old.
Post a Comment