Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Black Pearl

So work and the new house are consuming my life and kicking my butt. Work is so busy that they have granted overtime, which is not something normally done. I'll be taking advantage of it, as soon as I have some extra seconds in the day. The extra cashola will definitely come in handy with the new house. Speaking of which, we just bought all the appliances for the kitchen. We are doing stainless steel but opted for this fridge instead. It's called black pearl, and has a mirror type finish. It's fingerprint resistant, too!! I think it's going to go really well with the black granite and cherry cabinets.

Running has been going well. My knees are feeling good and I actually don't have that sharp pain going down the stairs anymore. I have 19 miles to get in before Sunday to meet my goal of 100 for the month. With a long run scheduled for Saturday and the rest of the week, I should hit my target with no problem. I was worried about getting the miles in this month after I missed a week after the NO half from not feeling well.

I also have one more family member on board for the Biggest Loser Challenge. I think I'm more excited than anyone...but maybe because I'm Jillian and not a contestant.

19 comments:

Marlene said...

Ohmigosh, that fridge is GORGEOUS! Great choice.

Enjoy your last few runs of the week/month.

Laurel said...

Sweet fridge! Fancy!

Did you buy in Conshy right now or somewhere else? J and I were thinking about renting there since it's not far from where we are now. We thought it might be cheaper.

We were talking about maybe getting together with a running club after the marathon to keep up with the running and meet some people in Philly who run. Is Ambler far from here? I don't even know where it is. I do know there is a Temple campus there though, lol.

joyRuN said...

Your kitchen is sounding beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished product :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

the fridge looks awesome! Your challenge sounds like a blast... but ya, probably more for you! :D

N.D. said...

you're on track to hit that 100! the appliances look stylish - very chic.
Glad the runs are going well!

RunningLaur said...

Oo that's the same combination my mom just put in for her kitchen and it is amazing.
Soak up that over time for a bit - I think we'd all love some extra cash!

Run Mommy said...

Love your new fridge! It must be exciting to be Jillian. What a great thing for families to do.

kristen said...

You HAVE TO post some picutures of the house. We are also remodeling (demolition/construction) ours too. I completely understand what your dealing with right now. Your kitchen is going to be fantastic. Black granite, cherry cabinets - love it. Do you and your husband do it all yourselves?

Susan said...

Pretty fridge! Who knew appliances could be so exciting??

Have fun being Jillian!

Sarah said...

Can I move in?

FLYERS26 said...

Nice fridge, and you'll hit 100 miles without a problem!

Toni said...

Love the fridge! Glad to hear you are feeling better and your running is going well.

kristen said...

You guys are definately on more of a time crunch with your renovation. We moved in here last January and it was in good shape - just outdated. All our revovation are being done while we are living here. My hubby works on a ship 75on 75 off so work only gets done when he is home. He knows how to do everything and if he doesn't he researches it to death. He is very talented, and I am extrememly lucky. I will post some before and after picturs and post about it soon. You should do the same. I LOVE the fridge. I want to hear how you like it after its installed.

raulgonemobile said...

Can't wait to see the finished pictures! Wow!

SuperDave said...

That is one sweet fridge!
100 miles for the month. That is great especially for the cold month of Feb.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love that fridge, love even more that it is finger print free... that is great.

X-Country2 said...

That is one sexy fridge! Wow.

Lora Abernathy said...

Wow, that fridge is a beaut!

Laura said...

That fridge is awesome!
Great job on the running and enjoy your Jillian role.