Friday, February 6, 2009

I Wanna Be A Cowgirl - Foto Friday

It's Foto Friday over at Nikemom so here are some pics from my recent trip to New Orleans.

Here I am thinking I'm hot shit and going to show this mechanical bull a thing or two...

About 0.5 seconds into it...
0.6 seconds...

You get the idea...

I think the guys exacts words to Andy about my lack of bull riding skills were, "It's harder than it looks, but man, she can't balance for shit." I guess that's what a half marathon and then a day of celebratory drinks will do to a girl. At least I can cross one thing off my bucket list...I have ridden a mechanical bull. YES!!

28 comments:

Jeanette said...

Nice!!!! Wish I was there!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

LOL! Awesome pics!

kristen said...

I like the photo finish. I would love to try doing that some day - Right On Sista.

Marlene said...

I have always wanted to do that... although, knowing me Id separate my other shoulder!

Great pics!

Chic Runner said...

these pictures are WAY too funny! thanks for sharing!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

i wanna ride a bull! Id probably flip over head first

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Bruce said...

Great pictures! Be glad it wasnt a real bull.

Running Through Life said...

It looks like you managed to have a good time in New Orleans!

raulgonemobile said...

Riding a mechanical bull is on my lifelong "to do" list.. I'm jealous!

joyRuN said...

Hilarious! Hellllloooo, horizontal :)

Tony said...

haha, looks like fun.

Susan said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! You actually ran your marathon five seconds faster than I did, so you have me beat! :) I'm actually moving to Philly sometime in the near future (job-pending), so maybe you could let me know about the hot running spots...or places to ride mechanical bulls in Philly! haha.

Abby said...

I did! So exciting! Man, if running up to the day before you have a baby makes it go that quickly, count me in.

By the way, there's a bar up in Quakertown with a mechanical bull, if you ever want to give it another shot :) I was up there with a group of friends a few years ago. Totally ridiculous honkytonk cheese. But a lot of fun if you get into the spirit. Maybe we'll have a post-run blogging meet-up there!

Abby said...

By the way, here's a link to the first local race of the year - you should come on out and give it a try!

http://goalsara.org/yr2009/sav_race.html

Run Mommy said...

Looks very fun! I would like to try it out. You looked very graceful. :)

SuperDave said...

I would have to say that the bull kicked yo a**! haha
Looked fun!

Vandy-Montana said...

HA HA HA!!! Nice. Go out to Montana and ride a real one sometime!

Unknown said...

Hahhah. I've never tried that, but I'd probably be done in 1 second also

Aron said...

awesome pics :) lol i would be off of that right away too!

Rookie on the Run said...

That's awesome! I've always wanted to do that. One of these days, I swear I will! Thanks for the comment on my blog about keeping my hands warm... I may have to try hand warmers. I have Raynauds Syndrome too, but it's better than it used to be.

RunToTheFinish said...

too funny they got a shot of each moment!

Sara said...

Glad you had a great time in NOLA. I probably saw you finish your half. My friend came in right before you. I ran the 5k and then watched all the halfers come in. Inspired me to start training for a half.

Come visit us again. Glad I found your blog.

Sara
http://newsfromnola.blogspot.com/

Abby said...

Ha, yeah, I had been intending to post that on Valentine's Day, but I'm not very good at waiting once I have an idea :)

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

I have always wanted to do that, so fun!

Laurel said...

LOLOL! Awesome!

Marci said...

Those pictures are cute. Look at what a little champagne can do!! :)) (or maybe this is post race?) Have a great weekend Denise!

RunToTheFinish said...

you can give me any running time you want and feel better!

SMOR said...

I wish you'd ride me, cowgirl!