Thursday, February 12, 2009

10 in 10

I'm a little cranky today. I think it's stress related. Renovating a house is a little, actually a lot, overwhelming. I'm keeping it together but can feel myself clenching my jaw. I'm sure there is a headache on it's way. Thankfully, I'm back to running after a week hiatus due to being sick, so that is really helping.

I waited to run until after work yesterday so I could enjoy the 60 degree weather. My running buddy met me at my house and as soon as I got home, I threw on some shorts, and we headed out for a great 6 miler. It was so nice to be out in the warm weather...I'm SO ready for Spring!!

This morning I went back to my normal morning routine and headed to the gym. My legs are sore from my workout at home the other day (it was a better workout than I thought!) and my knee was bothering me, so I only ran 4 miles. To get a more in, I jumped on the elliptical for a little bit. So, I ran 10 miles in less than 10 hours and I feel great. I'm so happy to be getting back on track. Planning on a 5-6 mile run tomorrow morning and then at least a 10 miler on Saturday before we head to the house to pull up carpeting. Fun times.

21 comments:

Running Through Life said...

Sounds like you're right back into your groove after a week off. Good luck with the renovations.

kristen said...

Isn't running great. My husband and I are renovating our house too. I completely understand - It gets stressfull.

Glad your feeling refreshed.

RunningLaur said...

Hope your knee acts well this weekend :)

I've always liked renovating homes, but I'm sure it can be totally exhausting and stressful. Just think how awesome it'll look soon!

Toni said...

Good luck with the renovations, it can be stressful. It is great you are running again!

Marlene said...

Awesome job getting in the miles...I don't know how you find the energy for home renovations with all of your workouts. Or is it vice versa?!

Unknown said...

Hope the knee issues is nothing serious.

Janice {Run Far} said...

I don't think I have the patience to renovate a home. How lazy am I? Hope the knee feels better.

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

good! I get cranky when im stressed too- a good run usually takes care of it though!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Abby said...

So totally ready for spring...

Good luck with the renovations - I hear you on the stress. Do you have any interest in meeting up for 12 miles or so next Friday afternoon (week from tomorrow)?

Susan said...

Don't you love the first warmth of the season? More people are out running and you're free from all those layers of clothes! Good luck with the renovations and I hope your knee feels better!

Aron said...

great job on the runs and workouts!!

house renovating/projects are always fun at first, then you just want them to be OVER.

Julianne said...

I can't wait for spring, either! Warm weather, come hither... sooon! Wow, 10 miles is awesome. Great job! :-)

RunToTheFinish said...

ah spring sweet sweet sweet spring...be careful not to over do it...glad it feels better, but give it some rest too!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

I want spring too! Ian such a baby I can't run in the cold as well! LOL

X-Country2 said...

Glad you're getting back into the swing of things. Spring fever all around!

joyRuN said...

Renovations are NOT fun. We did ours when my daughter was 4 weeks old. I was seriously stressed.

Abby said...

I teach until noon, but I can go any time after that. No race for me on Saturday, unfortunately - I have to be at an all-day workshop both days next weekend.

As for pace, I've been doing my long runs around 9:00 per mile, give or take. Will be pushing it a little harder this weekend probably.

Unknown said...

keep up the great work!

Rookie on the Run said...

Yay for you! I know how great it feels to get into the swing of running... especially when stressed!

SuperDave said...

No break for the weary..

Abby said...

Sounds good - do you want to plan to meet at 1 PM? I could do Wissahickon, the tow path, somewhere new - I'm up for anywhere that I can know how many miles I'm doing!