Wednesday, February 18, 2009

20in24 Training Schedule

After a lot of research, I think I finally decided on a training plan for 20in24. With my goal being 50 miles in 24 hours, my other goal is not to die. I plan on following this plan fairly loosely. It will be difficult to get the longer runs in during the week so I think I'll break those up and run twice a day instead. The most important thing for me to do is to get in the back to back long runs on Saturday and Sunday. Heh, if I thought I had no life during marathon training, I think it's about to get a lot worse!! But this is for a great cause so it's worth it!! I'm in a rush and couldn't figure out how to post the schedule in excel, so click on the link below if you're interested. It's actually a neat tool. You enter in your race date, distance, etc and it calculates a training plan for you. I know there are some of you out there considering this event...come on, do it with me!!

http://www.scrunners.org/ultrasch.php?month=7&day=18&year=2009&dow=6&schedule=50m&submit=Draw+Schedule

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, my eye is STILL twitching.

18 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

looks like a great event and training plan! Thanks for sharing that link, definitely some neat stuff in there! Good luck with your training, looking forward to seeing how it works for you! :D .... still twitching?

Marlene said...

That looks like a seriously intense program. I look forward to hearing about your progress!

Progman2000 said...

OK, I have been checking this Lone Ranger thing out, just because, well, it sounds so crazy it's tempting. I asked a guy I know who is an ultrarunner and a pacer for the NJM about this (he is doing the Lone Ranger). He said his plan is basically walk and/or lay low during the hottest part of the day, then do the bulk of it at night. He said he usually runs at his marathon LR pace and takes a walk break every 10 minutes (his usual ultra plan and he's done 100 milers). He is shooting for 65 miles. Sounds tempting when you put it in the context of his strategy...

Isaac said...

Denise you are a beast!!! Here I am wondering if I can make the 34 miles in 24 hours. I'm doing the Platinum race with whoever I can recruit...lol BTW...I want to invite you out for a run one of these Saturdays. That’s when I get my long runs in. Keep up the pace!!!

joyRuN said...

Progman's comment is SCARY! AHHHH!!!

With the eye twitch, sounds like you're in serious need of stress relief.

Jess said...

Wow that program looks intense!!! Good luck!

Natalie D said...

cool i am gonna check this out

X-Country2 said...

Wow, that is intense. If anyone can do it, my money's on you!

Run Mommy said...

I am going to check it out for sure..but definitely out of my league. Good for you for giving it a go!

Abby said...

Looks like a great schedule - I'm still bummed that I can't do it with you! Maybe next summer :)

Laurel said...

OK, my eye just STOPPED twitching LAST week. It started about a month and a half ago.

I am still trying to figure out what we are going to do with this race. We need to get some other non-running related things settled before we make a final decision. I want to do it though. We will be involved somehow. Jeremy had a meeting with BOMF tonight actually.

Aron said...

oh i have always wondered what an ultra training schedule would look like :) someday i hope to be doing one too... cant wait to follow along with yours!

The Running Bob said...

I think your goals are reasonable, especially the part of "...not to die..."

Good luck and I hope your achieve both!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

my eye is twitching too!!! i hate it!!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymnsnightmare.com

Iron Mike said...

I love your goals!

Thanks for finding and sharing this training schedule. I think you'll be very well prepared.

Unknown said...

Wow that looks tough, but you can do it. Good luck!

Nikemom said...

WOW! I'm impressed. I would love to do something that challenging, but dear hubs would probably ki!! me if that came rolling off my tongue. :D

raulgonemobile said...

Neat.. I was wondering what kind of plan you'd choose. That 22,22,24 on back-to-back-to-back weekends looks tough!