Monday, January 26, 2009

Eye Twitch

I get an annoying eye twitch when I'm REALLY stressed. It's been twitching for a few days straight now...ugh, so annoying. Work is piling up and it's not stopping (and yes, here I am blogging), settlement on the new house is this Friday, then we leave town on Saturday for New Orleans. I'm not nervous about the race, but really excited!! I'm past the point of getting nervous for runs now, the marathon cured that!! I'm just completely overwhelmed with house stuff. There is so much to do, line up, order, buy, organize, decide, decide, decide! I've never renovated a house before, on a timeline nonetheless. I know it will all fall into place, but just thinking about all that's to come over the next 2 months is very overwhelming.

I didn't run this morning because Andy decided to sleep in and since it sounded so nice, I thought I'd join him. I will head out after work for a 5-6 miler, though. I'm also going to do one more progress test for the 100 push up challenge. See if doing them later in the day when I'm all warmed up makes any difference. If at this point I'm still not ready to move on to week 5, I might call it quits. Will kill me to do that, but I've already repeated week 4 twice. This 6 week challenge is going to turn into a 6 year challenge at the rate I'm progressing. I won't stop push ups all together though because I've noticed a HUGE change since starting this. Instead, they'll become a part of my routine lifting.

*Fingers crossed* that I can squeak out at least 31 solid, good form push ups tonight!

22 comments:

RunningLaur said...

Ah, good luck with the push ups! They sound like they could be a good stress reliever!

Emily said...

Do you do any upper body lifting outside of the push-ups? I'm thinking about trying this 100 push-up challenge but may just be lazy and not do it. Plus, my arms and back get grotesquely beefy when I do that type of stuff.

I may have lost you on the race this coming weekend....what are you running?

Aron said...

YAY good luck this weekend!!! it will be a great escape from all your stresses right now.

Iron Mike said...

My eye twitches when I am really, really TIRED.

Wow, that 100 push up challenge looks painful.
Might be better to wait til later in the day, so you have less time to remember the pain!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

i never work out in the morning because sleeping in ALWAYS sounds nice.

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Progman2000 said...

I am on week 4 for the 2nd time in a row too.

Good luck this weekend.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Good luck with the push ups. Just think 31... 31.... 31.

joyRuN said...

Good luck with the push-ups, twitchie ;)

ShoreTurtle said...

I have the same eye twitch when I've stressed. Good luck with the settlement and the trip to New Orleans!

Good luck with the push-ups too. I feel guilty that I started that in the Fall and quietly stopped in the middle.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

good luck with the push-ups... maybe do more to get rid of the stress! LOL Safe travels to New Orleans... :)

SuperDave said...

LOL on the pushups! I quit after week 4 myself x 2!

RunToTheFinish said...

i told you i couldn't finish the push up thing, just didn't have the hutzpah to take it all the way!

N.D. said...

good luck on the pushups & this w/e!! try not to stress!! I've had the twitch and could never figure out what caused it!

Marlene said...

Good luck with the push-ups!

I hope that eye twitch ceases soon.

Run Mommy said...

Good luck this weekend! I am sure it will be great. BTW - I am up to 25 "man" push ups. I doubt I have perfect form but it sure feels like it!

Laurel said...

OMG, I had the WORST eye twitch the ENTIRE week last week! It was AWFUL. It was really starting to bother my eye. It finally went away, but every now and then will twitch once. LOL. Stupid eye.

I was totally stressed out last week. At least I know I'm not the only freak out there ;)

Look, that's my eye twitching! ;) ;) ;)

Good luck this weekend. I'm totally jealous of you going to New Orleans. I LOVE it there.

How exciting on the house!

Sarah said...

If the twitch gets bad enough - I say use an eye patch! It will totally lighten the mood! he he.

Julianne said...

I totally know that feeling!! When my hubby wants to sleep in, I get the worst temptation to sleep in, too. Which I usually succumb to...

Good luck with the push ups!!

Anonymous said...

I heart pushups too...my trainer has me doing these plyo pushups where you jump horizontally in the air each time. I'd love to know more about the 100 challenge...

X-Country2 said...

Some mornings, you just gotta spoon. :o)

Good luck with the pushup challenge. My pencil arms are pathetic weak.

Kristin said...

ha ha i gave in all together on the push ups...... i squeek out 15 here and there. i think the warm weather of NO compared to here will be great for you!! I bet you make your time goal!! Its so hard to get the pace up in the cold!

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

man girlfriend I think after the sexy six pack challenge is over I am so doing this push up challenge!!! I too get the eye twitch;)