Heading out to watch the EAGLES spank Arizona today. In preparation of some cocktails, I worked out for a little over 2 hours. I really wanted to run today but I had to give my knees a break. Instead I did the bike, elliptical and lifted. I used the foam roller after my workout to massage the IT band and while it felt good, it hurt like hell!! I'm going to run out and buy one of these today. I need to get this IT business under control so I can start racking up some serious miles. I am going to need them if I take on my next challenge. Which I hope to commit to this weekend.
I'm feeling a little bothered by my weight lately. I was doing really well but the week after Christmas I sort of feel apart. After reading so many great blogs with food suggestions, I decided to expand my horizons a little bit. Well, all I'm realizing is that I can't have a lot of options in the house. One it overwhelms me and two, I end up eating more than I should. I went to bed last night feeling frustrated and woke up feeling the same. I hate when that happens. But it's a new day and I need to not dwell on the number on the scale. Maybe it's time for Andy to hide it again.
14 comments:
I went to bed thinking about carrot cake and woke up thinking about carrot cake! I think I'll make one :)
Have fun with the FOOOOOTBALL!
The weight loss journey still continues. I'm so there with you. I've gained weight during the holidays and really frustrated with myself for not being able to lose it quickly. *sigh*
Hang in there. I mean, you worked out for 2 hours today. It's gonna pay off very soon!!
I feel your pain with this eating thing. Yes have him hide it.
Hope you have football fun!
Game is not going well... Oy...
I understand it can get frustrated but you have to remind yourself how you fell when your on track, putting good inside your body makes you feel better...you can do it, and I am hear if you need me:)
yea, you are working out like a champ, I don't think you should go on the scale. I like avoiding mine. Now I am using it to make sure I'm staying on track but normally I go on it only once a month when I am feeling like I can handle it if it is bad news. Hide it Andy! Hope the IT gets better! I should care more about the game but I don't !
Well, it's 7:00pm. I hope you drank a lot.
I think most of us are frustrated with our weight in January. Stupid holidays.
Ahhhh sry. They lost! Can you believe the Cardinals won??? Yikes!
Man I am so bummed about the Eagles not winning today. Who wants to watch the Cards in the Super Bowl...not me!
I am feeling psycho about the weight thing during my taper right now too. I need to chill out.
Oh yeah - if you like the foam roller you should look into this dealio called Trigger Point. The guy that's coaching me lent me his set and it is ridiculous (painful and really good at the same time).
(PS - my sister did the same thing w/the xmas gifts.)
I'm with you... struggled to maintain over the holidays and spiraled out of control after for some dumb reason. Still trying to get and stay back on track.
Awesome job on the long workout before the game.
Focusing on healthy eating after the holidays has been extremely tough for me. It's good that you aren't dwelling on any of it.
HIDE IT! I don't even keep mine in the bathroom anymore. My husband just pulled it out of the closet to weigh our luggage before we went to Disney... :)
Post a Comment