I hope everyone had a safe New Years Eve. We went to a party at our friends house and stayed over. I haven't been up that long in ages! Didn't go to bed until after 3am. Then at 7 something this morning, Andy was telling me he was awake and ready to head home. UGH. I managed to roll myself out of bed to the car around 8 and we headed home. As soon as we got here, I went right back to bed until noon! Needless to say, I've been feeling sluggish and gross all day. But, I did make it to the gym but it's only because of HBBC! I am beginning to think I am way too competitive!! Total points as of today = 157.60
It's been a busy few days and I can't believe my long vacation is coming to an end. I really don't feel like I had much down time while I was off. We did manage to get a lot done for the new house, though. We went furniture shopping and bought living room, family room and master bedroom furniture. All that's left in terms of furniture is a dining room table and some end tables. We even ran out today and bought a new mattress. And I have to say, mattress salesmen are pretty intense. I didn't know it was so "used car salesman like." We are meeting with a contractor tomorrow to get another quote on the kitchen renovations. This is the biggest stress for us right now so once we get the kitchen ironed out, we'll be able to relax a little.
As for running, I ran 10 miles yesterday and feel much better now knowing I still have some of the distance in me. I'm going to try to run at least a 10 mile run each week from now until the New Orleans half. I really need to get serious with some ITB stretches, though. I don't put myself out of commission. Well, I'm off to bed. I'm exhausted and want to get up at my typical work day time tomorrow and head to the gym. I need to start getting back into the routine...
9 comments:
sounds like you had a fun NYE!!!
i feel the same way as vacation is coming to a close! i wish there was more time to relax but am so glad we got a lot of house stuff done.
happy new year!
way to go on the run! Definitely keep stretching, it's so worth it not to get hurt again!
Good job making it to the gym, after no sleep. That is always tuff.
Happy New Year!
Sounds like a fun NYE. Glad you are recovering ok.
Denise, I loved reading about yr goals, re Andy and $$, also The Big Easy run. Now to beg & plead: can you help me with my own Blog? Email me at nancyandtimhira@yahoo.com and I'll explain! Thanks so much, dearie!
Nancy
Sounds like a great new year's eve. I used to be able to sleep until noon until I started really running. Now I feel all sluggish too. Good call on the run.
Sounds like a good new years! I love it when they get up real early ready to leave. Sounds like you have lots of house stuff in the bag and hopefully everything will come together soon enough! Great job on the 10. 10 was my longer run while I was training for a 1/2 this fall. It is a nice distance and perfect for a 1/2. I am the same way w the HBBC and I just want points. haha.
You are one dedicated gal!
No sleep then working out. I bet you are winning the HBBC.
I love the idea of getting in a 10 miler once a week. It makes you ready for any race!
Great job on the HBBC!
Good idea on the 10-miler a week. That would make me more confident about maintaining my mileage, I think.
Post a Comment