Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Re-Do

With all the running around for the new house over our Holiday break, I didn't have time to study for my Personal Training certification like I wanted to. I was hoping to make a lot of headway, but before I knew it, it was back to work. I don't do well starting, stopping and then picking up right where I left off. So, today I started over. Now, I'm not that crazy. I was only on the beginning of chapter 2. But don't get me wrong, chapter 1 was long and I felt overwhelmed when I read it the first time! I'm hoping once I get past the heavy anatomy portion and onto the more familiar topics it will go much faster.

I took yesterday off from working out after my almost 3 hour workout on Sunday. But I was back in my routine this morning and ran 6 miles before work. I'm *REALLY * toying with the idea of a spring marathon. But that would mean training would need to start on Monday!! Am I really ready for that again? I just got to the point where I was able to stay awake on the drive into work and not have to head to bed at 8pm! While I wouldn't train as intensely as I did for Philly, I think it will be something good to keep me on track. Why does the NJ marathon have to be the same day as Broad Street?? Ugh. Anyone out there running the Pocono or Delaware marathon??

I just signed up for the Frostbite 5 miler in February, a few weeks after the New Orleans half. I'm also keeping my eye out for a good 5k. I think I convinced my sister Jeanette to run one. She's not a runner (yet) but is willing to give it a try. Who knows, maybe I'm rubbing off on her...

16 comments:

N.D. said...

I know, it is a bummer about the NJ marathon and broad street. Delaware is supposed to be a good one, and see if there is a lehigh valley one - that one got good reviews! maybe keep it short and do lots of 1/2s and 10milers this spring and save the marathon for the fall? Good luck with your studying!

Abby said...

Yeah, I was really frustrated about the Broad Street/NJ conflict, too. I opted for Jersey this year, with hopes to return to Broad Street next year because I'm itching to train for a full, but I still have mixed feelings.

I'm pretty sure the Lehigh one is just a half, but it's supposed to be a fantastic 13.1. Really scenic, and sponsored by a bunch of natural/organic companies.

Good luck!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i love it when your good habits rubs off on others! Yay! Good luck with your decision to run the full and studying!

Marlene said...

I would say that was a well-deserved rest day yesterday.

Good luck with the marathon decision!

Felice Devine said...

I considered the Pocono marathon. I read that it is pretty small, but I know little else about it.

Marci said...

Good luck with your PT course. You would make a kick butt trainer.

As for your marathon decision, I say sign up for one, it may help you with everything else, and you are so close to a BQ, go for it!

raulgonemobile said...

I'm shooting for Pocono.. I started a 20 week plan.

Joe said...

PT certification... I've always thought of doing that. Good luck with it. And go for a spring marathon. Waking up late isn't nearly as much fun as running.

Joe
www.fitnessgeekga.wordpress.com

Jeanette said...

My vote is to wait for another marathon for Andy's sake! Andy, you can thank me later :)

Janice {Run Far} said...

I love it when your running rubs off on others. My twin sister ran 3 halfs last year and is already planning on 3 this year. she is not ready for a full but hey, at least she is running.... 13.1.

X-Country2 said...

I couldn't do a spring marathon because training in the dark would make me nuts. I vote you do it and let me live vicariously through your race report. :o)

RunToTheFinish said...

I'm still toying with doing NJ since there are some fun folks running it..but I guess that's putting the cart before the horse.. I have to heal up first

joyRuN said...

Come do NJM! I keep hearing it's a good race. Although Broad Street is a lot of fun.

Nikemom said...

Just do it! What else you going to do?? :D

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

You could virtually train with me:)

Laurel said...

Where is the Frostbite 5 miler at?