This really cheered me up, since I've been having an insane week at work. Not only do I not get to check in on all the blogs I follow over lunch, I've been working at night from home so I haven't had a chance to do it then, either. Grrrr...don't you hate it when work gets in the way of blogging?? So my apologies for not commenting lately.
Even with work being nutso, I have been getting my workouts in. I ran 5 miles in a hurry on Monday after work and was happy with the pace (mile 1 - 8:30, mile 2 - 8:00, mile 3 - 7:40, mile 4 - 7:30, mile 5 - 7:30-8:00), finishing 5 miles just under 40 minutes. I realized that I really don't push myself enough. I could easily have done several more miles under the 8:00 pace. I felt like I could still talk and wasn't that spent afterwards. After the half marathon on Sunday, I'm going to start running harder a few times a week. I think I should wear my heart rate monitor to keep better track of things, too. I'm planning to run 6 miles tomorrow morning and a few on Friday with some added cardio and lifting. I'm off from work on Friday for settlement so I am going to get a long workout in since Saturday will be shot traveling to New Orleans.
22 comments:
Dang with those fast happy feet, I'm wondering why you don't have more harware. Cool plaque. More to come I'm sure!
congrats on the award :). I could only wish to run 6 miles in one workout.
Negative split milage. always good! And you weren't even pushing yourself too hard? That's awesome.
GReat award! This is what happens when you are so fast. :)
Congrats on the award, and awesome run! Wow! :o)
congrats on the award.
nice job on the 5 mile run.
keep up the good work.
Congratulations on the award!! It looks great!
Congrats on the award! Sounds like you're in pretty good shape and you don't even know it.
Awesome award! Make sure you display it proudly.
Sounds like you are in great shape for the New Orleans half. Good luck!
Congratulations on the award. Quite impressive!
Congrats on your award, display that baby proudly! I hate when work interferes with blogging. Hopefully things will calm down for you soon.
Congratulations on your award and for your fast run.
Congrats on the award! Awesome pace, too. Wow!
I bagged my HR monitor because it was just another metric that I really couldn't use too well. Maybe one day I'll try it again.
wow look how stinkin fast you are! I'm very envious
congrats!!!!
i feel you, work has been so busy my blogging/commenting has definitely been slacking.
Congratulations! Yeah, I hate it when work gets in the way of blogging, too. I have zippo work right now, which means that stressing about finding new projects is keeping me away. Can't win...
Cool award! Display that thing loud and proud!
Have a great time this weekend - can't wait to see the results!!!
you be fast gurl
Yay on the award! That's so fun!
That's fanTAStic!! Congrats!
Work has been putting a serious damper on my blogging lately too.
I love the award!!! It will look great in the new house!
Look at those splits! You are so speedy. I'm cracking up that you said you weren't pushing yourself. I would have been throwing up after those splits. LOL.
Post a Comment