Wow, I can't believe how much support I'm receiving for my Lone Ranger run. I just started fundraising on Monday and I've already upped my fundraising goal! This is such a great cause I'm going to continue fundraising right up till race day. I mean, why not?
I took yesterday off from working out. I got close to ZERO sleep on Monday and could not get myself to the gym. I did get in a beautiful 7 mile run on Monday, in the snow, so at least I had some mileage in for the week. I lifted today, did Day 3 of Week 4 for the 100 push up challenge and am really looking forward to my run tomorrow morning. I'm all pumped up now that I have 20in24 to look forward to. I was doing some reading today and read that any distance over a marathon is considered an ultra marathon. How cool is that?! So while I'm shooting for 6 - 8.4 mile laps, if I go just a little over 26.2 I could be an ultra marathoner?? I googled ultra marathon training plans today to see what running 50 miles would entail and actually, the plans don't seem that bad. Relatively speaking. Most of them look like it's really about the time spent on your feet and getting used to that. Needless to say, distances like this are not run at a fast pace. Well, they definitely won't be run at a fast pace by me! Since I'm going to follow a plan, just for some general guidance, I'll post the one I finally decide to go with. I'm planning on starting right when I get back from New Orleans since some of the plans are up to 25 weeks long. If I do this, what will I sign up for next...??
14 comments:
I tried to comment on your previous post - maybe it's a sign?
I'm ignoring the sign - let me know which lap you want to run slowpokity, & I'll be there.
Exciting news Denise! Go for ultra distance, maybe even 100 miles! (LOL -easy for me to say!)
This is great! I like your fundraising site too! But it is something to look forward to and becoming an ultra is super fun!
An ironman :)
I think it's great that you're doing it. I'm looking forward to reading about the training.
you go girl!
Wooohhhoooo! You can *totally* be an ultra. I mean, you got the bases covered and all. OH and there are also 50k races(31 miles, I think?), too. Keep us posted!
So ultra! Follow a responsible plan and you can do it!!
ohhh an ultra now that it ambition...dude I just need to get through 26.2 again
Too cool that you're going to be an ultra-marathoner. Can't wait to see what the program looks like.
Your goals and accomplishments are certainly impressive and motivate me to push myself.
Wow I can't even imagine running 50 miles or anything like that. 26.2 is still a struggle for me.
WOW that is so awesome! I could never do it!
DOOD! Not ruined! My spoilers are big ol' figments of my imagination!
Post a Comment