Saturday, January 10, 2009

One Hundredth

Wow, this is my one hundredth post already. When I started this blog over the summer, I wasn't sure I knew what to talk about. Now...well, I've shared more than I ever thought I would!

Anyway, went on an easy 10 mile run today. One of my running partners is coming off an injury so the plan was to run an easy 9 min/mile pace. This turned out to be a really good thing as my ITB hurt as soon as we started. It doesn't bother me nearly as much when I'm on the treadmill, if at all, but it really acts up when I'm running outdoors. It was a great morning for a run. There was a light coating of snow on the ground and everything looked so pretty! It was only in the 20's and freezing out, but there were a ton of other nut cases, oh I mean runners, out there. We passed a large group of runners from Back on My Feet, out for their morning run. It was inspiring to see people who are taking matters into their own hands, trying to better their situation and it's all starting with running.

It's been a relaxing Saturday so far. I was going to go take my second nap of the day (I did get up at 6am for the run!) but I think I'll go do some studying instead. Currently I'm reading about all the different bones and motions of the body. I'm not kidding when I say there have been a few times when I read an entire sentence and could not pronounce a single word. I'm going to make a great PT!!

16 comments:

Aron said...

yay for #100!!!

great job on the run this morning... ITBs are so annoying sometimes :(

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

love the run! I start training soon and I know that A&P is going to be giving me words I have new clue how to say, yes the hubbys review was very interesting..lol

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am happy you had good weather. I woke up to a thunderstorm. Ended up running 10 on the treadmill. Oh well, at least I got it done.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

great job on the 100 posts! It's amazing what we come up with to write -- the Back on your Feet thing is amazing.

FLYERS26 said...

congrats on the 100th post!
I read about the BOMF group in Runner's World this month..
best of luck to them. I can't imagine being in their shoes.

joyRuN said...

Congrats on #100!!

I'm with Aron - ITBs are annoying.

X-Country2 said...

Yay for 100! Sounds like an amazing morning for a run. It was way cold here too, but I wish I had a buddy to make the time fly.

Felice Devine said...

Happy hundredth! cheers!

Abby said...

I was going to mention the Runner's World article from this month, but looks like someone already did :)

If you haven't checked it out, definitely do - I know the guy who wrote it, and he's a great writer and a fantastic storyteller (not to mention it's such a compelling story to begin with).

Laurel said...

Did you run in Wissahickon? I ran around Fairmount today and it was FREEZING!

Congratulations on 100!

I looked into the Frostbite 5 miler and want to do it. But we are cutting back on some things (money) and races are one of them (unless they are marathons, LOL). Who knows, we may still do it. It sounds like fun!

We should meet up sometime anyway. We're so close!

Brightcetera said...

Happy 100th post, Denise!

LOL...an EASY 10 mile run is an oxymoron to a non-runner like me :)

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it!
It's wonderful meeting people like you through blogging!

SuperDave said...

100 means you blab to much haha
One of these days I hope to call a 10 miler @ a 9min/mile pace easy,, phew...
PT's make good money.. ;)

Marlene said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! Hard to remember what you did BEFORE blogging, isn't it?

Sounds like a nice 10-miler.

Stacey said...

100..Congrats! Great job on your run. I get ITB pain after I do squats...and then my run is affected. It is so annoying! Have a great week!

raulgonemobile said...

Congrats on the 100th. I was the same way over the summer as well.

FYI, I tagged you. :)

N.D. said...

That sounds like a great run with a partner!!! Hope your IT feels better soon!