I'M A LONE RANGER
I registered for 20in24 as a Lone Ranger. This is an event to support Back On My Feet, which I've mentioned in my posts before. I will be running as many 8.4 mile loops as I can in 24 hours. The event starts at 10am July 18th and goes until the following morning. Now, the weather out here in July is not exactly great for running with the disgusting heat and humidity, but I'll be prepared and play it safe. Lone Rangers are actually watched pretty closely by the race committee and they can make the call for a runner to stop at any time. They even weigh you throughout the day to make sure you haven't lost an unhealthy amount of weight. Since this isn't a timed race, I'm going to take each loop easy and just have fun with it. My ultimate goal is to do 6 loops, but I will be happy with whatever I complete. Lone Rangers are allowed to have pacers with them so if anyone is interested in doing a lap with me, I'd LOVE it!! I was even thinking that some other Philly locals might be interested in this. You know who you are...ND, Laurel, Abby, Flyers26, JoyRuN. Any out of towners interested??I am fundraising for this event, which will complete one of my goals for 2009 of being a fund-racer for BOMF. If anyone is interested in donating to this cause, please click this link http://www.active.com/donate/bomf20in24/20n24DTerry to take you to my fundraising page. Any little bit is greatly appreciated.
I am REALLY excited for this! It's going to involve some interesting training, but I'm ready for it. I'm a lone ranger, baby!
22 comments:
That sounds awesome!!! I will keep it in mind for sure! a fun twist on the running front!
So exciting! Go for it!
No way! That is awesome. I wish I was closer!
Really cool! Good cause you're doing this for, too.
sounds exciting and amazing. Good luck with that.
This sounds like a really fun and cool event!! I wish I could be one of your pacers!
wow, good for you! I think I put my foot down at 26.2 right now
AWESOME! 6 laps, WOW!!! You'll do it!
Everyone go donate . . . I think you should where a different shirt for each lap with a funny saying???
I might just have to look into this.
It does sound like fun.
I'm glad you love comments too! (I think everyone does, except misanthropes.)
Anyway, WHOA this race sounds intense! I'm so impressed you signed up!
So cool!! I'm glad to hear they're doing the event again - I read about it last summer and thought it sounded fantastic!
Good luck - can't wait to hear about the prep! Do you have any idea what kind of training plan you'll use?
I'm pretty sure that I'll be out of town then (will find out for certain by next weekend), but if for some reason I'm here, I'll definitely think about doing it with you, or at least running a loop with you.
dang girl, you go! sounds like a great cause and fun too. good luck!
wow that sounds like a blast. If I lived closer I would so be in on joining you for a lap or two.
That is awesome! Sounds like a great, fun cause.
How are you going to train for this? Are you running a spring marathon?
That's awesome! Good for you. It will be interesting to read about your training!
You did a 1/2 in vegas in 2007? I ran the full ... looks like we were in the same place at the same time ;)
Glad you found me because I LOVE your blog!
That sounds crazy!!! Good luck!!
(Because it sounded so crazy, I donated a little. Best of luck!)
Oh hey - so I don't take classes, I teach high school in Ardmore!
Dood! You're CRAZY! I can't believe you are going to be a Lone Ranger! That's awesome!
We still are trying to figure out what we are going to do for this event, we still haven't decided. I do know that I wont be a Lone Ranger though, LOL!
Either way, I'm sure we will be there doing something. Maybe I can run a lap with you!
hey! yay to lone ranger! I had told laurel I'd be interested in being on a relay team. I don't think I have enough people in my life who enjoy running to create my own. But if that falls through I'd love to do a lap... no lone ranger business for me!!
Post a Comment