I ran 12 miles today and I'm frozen! It was about 20 degrees when we headed out but it didn't feel that bad. At the turn around point though, we started running into the wind and that's when it got sort of miserable. I'm not kidding that at one point I was trying to talk and I sounded like an idiot because my face was frozen and I couldn't move my mouth! When I got into the car and looked at myself I had frozen snot on my face but couldn't even feel it! Pretty. But I survived and I'm at home under 3 blankets right with a cup of coffee trying to warm up. I actually feel a little sore right now, maybe because I never really warmed up...?
I am running the Frostbite 5 miler tomorrow morning. Last year I finished in 40:35 so I'm curious to see if I can do any better this year. I'm not very good at running the short distances. One, I don't have the confidence to go out fast because I don't think I can sustain it. With marathon training, I know I have the endurance to be on my feet for a while so I feel much more confident with the long runs. And two, I don't think I'm fast or know how fast I am. This is one reason I'm looking forward to starting track workouts in the Spring. I want to push myself and make some progress with my speed. So, I'll let you know how the race goes tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to meeting fellow blogger Isaac!!
20 comments:
I hope you thaw out quickly. Good luck on the 5 miler tomorrow!
Five miles in 40 minutes? Excellent! Good luck tomorrow, stay warm. Keep the frozen snot at a minimum.
Great job on the 12! it is windy out. I think you went with Abby, at least you mentioned that last week. I hope it went well. Abby is great! Good luck on the frostbite - where is that at?
Congrats on your run! I have had a few like that.
Good luck on your race tomorrow.
20 degrees feels fine until you factor the wind in...the wind can just make it nasty! Hopefully it's warmer for the 5 miler tomorrow! Good luck!
I'm cold just thinking about it!
Good luck at the race. Think speedy thoughts!
Hope ya warm up soon. I think my long run will be like that this weekend. Good luck in the 5 mile tomorrow.
WOW! Good luck tomorrow.
good luck tomorrow...
I am so sick of the weather changing... one day we are almost 70 the next we are 30.... UGH
brrrrr! i hope you are warm now :)
good luck tomorrow!! you can totally beat it!
Gah, it is spring YET?! Great job on the cold run.
good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll beat your time :)
I ran a race in 19 degrees in Nov. and vowed to never run again with temps below 22-23 deg. Miserable!
5 miles in 40mins in rather sppedy IMHO. I think you will beat it! Looking forward to hearing about your race.
Have a great race tomorrow!
Brrrr... I got cold just reading your blog! Frozen snot... my boys would think that was the coolest thing ever! Good luck on your 5 mile run tomorrow!
Good luck in your race!
I hate when I run outside and my hands don't work for hours afterwards. I feel like a stroke victim. You should get one of those turtle face cover-y thingys. Maybe that'd help? Have fun tomorrow!
Don't sell yourself short! Push it tomorrow and see what you can do. You may surprise yourself!
(Hoopefully it'll be a little warmer!)
Good luck! Your a speedster so it should be fine.
Where did you run at? Was it through Wis? Or around Kelly Drive? Every time I do Kelly Drive, the turnaround KILLS me. It's so cold and windy!
Post a Comment