Monday, February 16, 2009

New Kicks

First of all, I appreciate everyone being honest with their comments to my post the other day. It's nice to know we can share poop stories! Most people would think that's gross. :-)

Anyway, I ran out over lunch today and picked up some new shoes. I tried on Mizunos, Asics, Nike and Saucony. I've been running in Asics and Nike the past few months but decided to go with Asics and Saucony this time around. I like to have 2 different pairs to alternate with each run. I've never worn Saucony before and I'm so excited to test them out tomorrow. As for the Asics, I went with the same style that I've been running in since last Spring. I wanted to try something else, but they are familiar and I know they work well for me. Here's a picture of my new babies...can't wait to start adding up their mileage.

Saucony Progrid Guide 2 and Asics GT-2140

Ran 6 miles this morning and felt great. I'm planning on running another 4 tomorrow, lifting on Wednesday, cross training Thursday, and a 12 mile run on Friday. Saturday I'm running the Frostbite 5 miler so I'm getting my long run in a day early this week.

25 comments:

Aron said...

YAY for new shoes!!!

Susan said...

Gotta love new shoes!

kristen said...

I love me some new tennies. I hope they work great for you.

RunningLaur said...

Hooray new shoes! Hope they treat you well.

Marci said...

New shoe fever is hitting the blogsphere! I think I will get a second pair this time to avoid the stupidy of what happened this time. I had Saucony progrid paramounts and I loved them, fav shoe thus far. Let us know how they work out for you.

K @ Running Through Life said...

Yay for new shoes! I am actually still in the Asics GT-2120s since I bough 3 pairs when they introduced the 2140s and marked down last year's model!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

new shoes are always fun! Hope they work out!

Stacey said...

OOOH, I love new shoes!! Have fun putting the miles on those babies!

Marlene said...

I've heard it's a good idea to rotate two pairs of shoes because the cushioning takes 24+ hours to get back to normal. Enjoy your new ones!

Anonymous said...

i have the asics and love them. where in pa do you live? I live in PA too

Laurel said...

I used to love my Saucony's. I switched to Asics though after I had some IT band issues.

Have fun at the Frostbite. We're trying to save some cash right now so we wont be doing any new races for a bit. Booo...

Unknown said...

I LOVE the 2100 series also.

I Run for Fun said...

Love everything about new shoes...have fun with them. Hope you run many miles in them!

aNd! said...

I love asics and in the past year started wearing saucony's. Recently I started having IT band problems and switched back to my asics for running but still love my saucony's to work in (12 hour shifts at the hospital)! I love new shoes!!

Rookie on the Run said...

I have those same Asics and I've been happy with them! I'd like to try the Saucony sometime. Let us know how they work out for you!

Isaac said...

Breaking in new shoes is great right!? I have only done it twice but hey I'm still rookie!...lol I will be looking to meet you face to face at the Frost Bite this weekend. Keep up the good work.

joyRuN said...

Oooh, let us know how you like the 2140s. I think that's my next one.

Unknown said...

Nice, 2 new pairs of shoes!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

wahoo new shoes! Asics are the best

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Janice {Run Far} said...

I ordered my new shoes and they are on back order... I want them so bad.

Lora Abernathy said...

Hey, Denise. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Big congratulations to you on completing your first marathon!!!! That is just huge!

Congrats on the new shoes. Isn't new gear the best?

Have an awesome day and thanks for sharing!

- Lora

Trishie said...

awh, love foster kittens! it's like having a perpetual kitten(s) in the house. my cats aren't fans though ;)

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

woot woot for new shoes!

Cheetah Girl said...

Thanks girl! :)
Ohh I love new shoe day! I recently got some new Mizuno's and was ecstatic for about 2 weeks haha!

Jen Feeny said...

Like I said in my blog... Love is: New Shoes! :)
Keep us posted on how they work out for you!