Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

Finally, we're getting some substantial snow! Woke up this morning to a few inches with more to come so I decided to work from home. I made it to the gym and it was so nice. There were only 4 of us in there! Got a nice 7 mile run in and now I'm home, showered, back in my pjs and doing some work. I can't decide if hot chocolate or a glass of wine sounds better for this snowy afternoon. I won't have either, but they do sound good.

They posted pictures from the Frostbite 5 miler and I had to share this one. I've mentioned before that I have a hard time buying clothes because I *think* I wear a bigger size than I actually do. Case in point, check out this picture. I refused to by the size small running tights because there is no way I'm a size small. So I opted for the medium, which are forever falling down. I literally pull them up to my boobs and tie them really tight. Well, after seeing this picture, I think I decided it's time to buy a smaller pair. Nice front load I got going on...

15 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

lol at the pic! Buy a small! LOL

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

yeah for a snow day!

Toni said...

Sounds like a great day, I love snow days.

Felice Devine said...

Ha! I'm the same way with clothes! Then I see pics of myself and I'm horrified! But you still look good.

mattwilleyusa said...

Just found your post re:20in24. i too am a Lone Ranger. Never done more than a marathon so its a whole new world of ultra running for me. i did an Ironman a couple of years back but this will be totally different. i am looking forward to it. good luck with the training.

Erin Riley said...

I have the same problem, all my clothes look terrible on me because they are too big. congrats on your snow day!

N.D. said...

sounds like a great snow day!!
those pants are funny. Get the small!
I'll be in touch about friday.. I took abby and laurel, I kind of forgot that I can't just make a plan and leave! whoops!

Marlene said...

I always have size denial when I'm shopping too... but seriously, get yourself some small pants! :)

Great pic, btw!

Enjoy the rest of your snow day.

Aron said...

yay for a snow day! i wish we got a rain day today :)

lol get some smaller pants girl! :)

Anonymous said...

Dr Kevin Moore Says..."Yeahhhh...It looks like you and runner# 4062 went to the same running pants store....Yeahhh"

Unknown said...

That is hilarious. Congrats on being able to fit into a small. I think the last time I ever did was in preschool.

Trishie said...

yes, I think you need a small! :)

Laurel said...

LOL! I'm the same way! I have been wearing J's old biking tights all winter even though he weighs 40lbs more than I do. I have to wear a pair underneath them and pull them up all the way so they stay on. LOL. I'm too cheap/lazy to buy a real (woman's) pair.

So yeah, I totally had to go to work today. It SUCKED walking to/from the train on the slippery streets of Manayunk this morning. Yuck.

Anonymous said...

haha, thats hilarious about the running tights, but at least the problem isn't the other way around!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

i think we had our last snow day last week. i hope!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com