Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting Organized

I read a bunch of blogs which have daily themes and while I think it's a great idea, I'm just not that organized with my thoughts to know what I want to talk about when. But with that being said, I have been receiving a ton of great stuff to try out from some fabulous companies and I want to make sure I give them the spotlight they deserve. So from here on out, or until I run out of stuff to review, I'm designating Mondays as product review day. Hopefully I have some new stuff that you bloggers aren't already aware of! I'm also planning my first giveaway once we move in a few weeks. I just need to get unpacked and settled!

I ran 6 miles this morning at a 9:14 pace. This was my second run at a set pace and I have to say, I still feel like I got a good workout in. I was worried that the slower paces wouldn't work me hard enough but today it definitely did. But in a good way...I wasn't dead tired after it and even felt a little more energetic heading into work. Tomorrow is an easy day and then on Saturday I have a 14 miler planned. I'm running on Saturday with Coach Jack. I can't wait to pick his brain for a ton more information. Turns out he already has a pacer lined up for me for 20in24. He is on the ball!

Oh, I also find it mildly disturbing that my canned salmon smelled and tasted EXACTLY like tunafish.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait for the reviews. How do you get the loot from companies to review?

X-Country2 said...

I love product reviews!

Happy to hear Jack is working out so well. He sounds like a great match.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

how fun that you have so many products to review! Enjoy the run with the coach!

raulgonemobile said...

Nice that you're getting lots of goodies!

RunToTheFinish said...

oh my canned salmon never tastes like tuna, that's weird

Julie D said...

Yeah, I know what you mean about the themes. It's lucky if I get a post in!

Kelli said...

Have a great run on Saturday and can't wait to hear the reviews.

Chic Runner said...

Can't wait for the reviews and I'm with you too. I can get lost in blogland!

Norma said...

I feel the same way about canned salmon. I mean, I *like* it just fine, but...it's no different than canned tuna.

Marlene said...

More free stuff?! Lucky!

Good job sticking to your pace... sometimes I think it can be harder to slow down than speed up.

Felice Devine said...

Great job on the 6!
Sorry about that salmon :-(

Anonymous said...

Great run!!!

Can't wait for product reviews!

N.D. said...

that sounds like a good run w coach coming up!

Susan said...

How do you get free stuff? Lucky lucky!

So far so good with the coach! Yay!

Rookie on the Run said...

Please, post a blog explaining how you get freebies! I'm looking forward to reading your reviews... that is how I decide to purchase a lot of my stuff! Have a great run with your Coach.

Progman2000 said...

Very jealous of all the free swag!

Hey, are you planning on doing the "unofficial" NJM training run in Long Branch on 4/5?

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

love the product reviews! GREAT RUN!

Jess said...

I can't wait for the reviews either! I'm curious how you get the products too!

Sara said...

I'm so glad I found my blog! I love running and am currently training for my first marathon! It's coming up soon, in April :)

Can't wait to read about the product reviews!

Unknown said...

That is smart training. The biggest mistake most runners make is running too many miles at too fast a pace. I've done this plenty myself and paid for it with nagging injuries. Really half of your miles should be at a slow pace. Even the lightening-fast Kenyans start their long runs at a pace between 9-10 minute miles. Have a great weekend!

Toni said...

I can't wait for the product reviews!

Enjoy your run with your coach!