Even though I'm fairly new to running (I wonder how long I'll feel like that), I'm not shocked by how passionate I am about. When I find something I enjoy, it can consume my thoughts (sort of like crunch n munch) and I can spend countless hours thinking about it. I've been doing a ton of reading lately on all the different kinds of training runs, nutrition, recovery, etc. all in hopes of becoming not only a better runner, but a smarter runner. I want to be doing this for a long time and I know I haven't even skimmed the surface with all there is to know about the sport. And to be honest, it's all a little overwhelming for an activity that just involves your feet! Sooooo I decided to hire a running coach...his name is Jack! I am SO excited about this and can't wait to get started. Since he's local, it turns out he's training other Lone Rangers for 20in24 as well. It will be so nice to go through this training with some other people and then have them right there along side me on race day. There's some paperwork I need to get out of the way and some general planning, then we'll start up with the coaching on April 1st.
In other news, I did a number on my back today at the gym lifting. I need to get home, take some Advil and put a heating pad on. That and a good night sleep and I should be good to go for an early morning run tomorrow!
26 comments:
Good luck with the running coach. I look forward to read how that works out.
Hope your back feels better soon.
Ooooooh, excited to hear about the running coach. I hope he whoops your butt into shape. Just kidding, I know you do that for yourself.
Good luck.
As in Jack H. aka Great Strides Running? I ran with him at the NJ Marathon last year, as he was the pace leader. He is also the "Ask the Coach" guy for the NJ Marathon this year. Great guy, he coaches another friend of mine (Colleen) who I imagine you will meet since she's doing the Lone Ranger also. You are in good hands, good luck!
I remember when I first discovered the Runner's World forums...I spent hours on them because there was just so much to read about that I didn't know!
I'll be interested in hearing about how the coach works out...I never really knew that non-super-elite-fast people had coaches, although it definitely makes sense! Good luck!
i know what you mean by there being so much to running, and i also know what you mean by it consuming you. i have the same personality trait! LOL Good luck with the coach... looking forward to hearing how it goes! :)
wohhoo for a running coach!!! It made me feel all super duper special. And I hear you about being passionate and wanting to do this for a long long time... I think my chiro may have fixed things and I AM DANCING ON THE MOON!!!
I've thought about hiring a coach too. Keep us posted on how it goes.
So cool that you found a coach! Can't wait to hear all about how fabulous your custom made training runs and group support are once you get into it. :)
I'm a new runner as well, I started in late December, and I'm wondering if I'll ever stop feeling like a new runner. I was lucky enough to have experienced runners as mentors so far, and am looking forward to a new running and getting into a cycling group as well.I see a chiropractor for my back, and accupuncture, (with the tens unit) are great!
Have fun!!
Good luck with your running coach! I've always wanted to hire one...I am afraid that I started out too strong at first and have injuries because of it, so I think that you are making the right choice. Can't wait to hear more about it!
Hope things work out well with the coach!
that's exciting - good for you! this will help with the big upcoming race.
That is great about the running coach. I'm excited to hear how it goes.
I think it's great you got a coach. He'll teach you all the good tricks of the trade.
Looking forward to hear how things go with the coach!
I'm still on the fence about the 20 in 24...
Good luck with the back!
That's great you have a coach and are able to meet other people you can train with!
SWEET with the coach! As if you weren't damn fast as it is :)
Great job! I would love to have a running coach! I could use the kick in the butt!
Probably a good idea.. let us know how it works out. Just having worked out with others doing the 20in24 will make it beneficial
That's so exciting that you have a coach. I'm looking forward to reading about it. Hope the back is better!
Congrats on hiring a coach! What a great idea.
I hope your back is feeling good this morning.
Things have been working out really well with my running coach, so I hope you end up liking your coach too. Keep us updated!
so fun about the coach!!! sounds perfect too since he is training other runners for the same race... good luck!!!
I feel like I think about running all the time too. Since my blog is not running related, I have to try really hard not to write about it all the time!
I can't wait to hear more about Jack. How cool to have a coach!
Hope your back is better soon.
PB2 is awesome, I love it! I use it for protein shakes.
Post a Comment