Thursday, October 23, 2008

Well, ooookay

Since I do not want to let my loyal followers down, I'll give a little background regarding my last post. So, there is an individual, who shall remain nameless, who I am not friends with, but know through some overlapping social circles. While I am not friends with this person, I always try to smile and be cordial when I see them because our paths do cross from time to time. Aside from these random occurrences, I never think of this person and could not really care less about them. Anyway, I also happen to know that this person is HIGHLY competitive and on several occasions has even made comments regarding me being a runner. When these comments have been made, they were made in a shocking tone as if to say, "YOU are a runner??." If I was a beotch and wanted to stoop to their level, I could reply, "Why, yes, I am. And may I point out that I am also faster than you?" But I would never do that because if my PDR and Broad Street times didn't prove that point enough, my run on Tuesday night sure did!

But in all honesty, I feel sort of sad for this person for many reasons which I won't get into. And while their comments have upset me in the past, now I'm laughing because all it's going to do from now on is make me run faster!

MMM...mushrooms!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

The perfect running fuel.... Strong emotions!

If only I could harness them.

P.O.M. said...

Ha - I have a frei-nemy like that. Actually, I have a boss like that too. I call them a "topper." Everything that you say or do, they TOP. So annoying.

And you ARE fast!

Julianne said...

You're obviously way above this person in terms of integrity, too! :-)