I love coffee...LOVE IT! I would replace meals with it, if I could. But the headaches are telling me that I'm drinking too much and that I am a little too dependent! On top of my thermos of coffee every morning, I sometimes have a mid morning cup (cup = more than the typical 8 ounce serving) and always have another cup in the afternoon after lunch. And then there's the weekend. I love the weekend because I go to Wawa (for those of you without Wawa...I feel for you, I really do) for a 20 or 24 ounce cup of hazelnut topped off with some skim milk and 2 Splenda...Heaven. That may or may not be followed by an additional cup in the afternoon after I wake up from my post run nap.
With all that being admitted, I'm trying to break the afternoon coffee habit. I don't think coffee is bad for us, I just feel like I'm too addicted to it. So today I made myself a cup of tea instead and let me tell you...it's so NOT the same thing. I like tea, when I'm sick and on the couch, but not for my afternoon pick me up! And since I like to count and keep track of everything (i.e. more proof that I'm nuts), I think I'll keep track of how many days I can go without the afternoon coffee. From there, we'll see if I can cut back in the morning.
2 comments:
I didn't know thatyou drank that much! Definitely time to cut back...
Good luck with the cut back. I'm so glad that I never really got into it. I see many coworkers that seem to not be able to function without it though.
Post a Comment