Monday, October 6, 2008

Have the Guts??

I've been toying with the idea of getting my personal training certification for some time now (years, actually). The one thing holding me back...the good old self esteem. I just don't see myself as fit, etc and can't for a second believe that anyone would be motivated by me or how I look. It's just another situation where my lousy view of myself holds me back. Never mind that I have the knowledge of fitness and nutrition, it all comes down to what I look like (sooo frustrating!). Anyway, over the past few months I have gotten more serious about the certification and have even taken some steps towards setting the wheels in motion. But whenever I get just close enough, I seem to chicken out. Then today something small happened that made me think that maybe I should do this. Last week I was talking with another runner about my upcoming 20 mile run. My director was close by and joined the conversation asking what I was training for, etc. Well, today she came by my desk and told me that I motivated her with my running and she printed off a running plan for beginners. I was so flattered! Someone is motivated by ME?? I need to push myself, I know I have the guts to do this...

3 comments:

Marci said...

I think that the key to becoming a PT, not so much looks, but how you motivate. I guess fitness matters somewhat, but you are fit, you ran 20 miles!!!!!!!!
BTW, I ran Philly marathon last year, its a great, great course. Looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

I think you have it in you. You've been giving me great advice already.

Jeanette said...

Train me?????